Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK-8 Independence Pick-Up Truck Conversion

Old 04-07-2011, 11:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So, who is going to do this first? Unlimited Pickup Mod

http:// blog.caranddriver.com/wrangler-pickup-is-a-go-jeep-to-offer-jk8-independence-conversion-kit-for-the-wrangler-unlimited/

Old 04-08-2011, 04:28 AM
JK Freak

I saw a tj with a soft top that made it into a pickup. Looked ok, kind of impractical.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Maybe if I needed a pickup truck everyday but as of now, if I need more cargo, I can remove the rear seat and take the top off.

Almost a year with my Jeep and still haven't needed it.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-Tex
So I get to pay for doors and a top that I'll never use, then pay to get this professionally installed (assuming I want it to look OEM)?

Why not just offer this from the factory??
Also, am I correct in assuming the 4-door front seats are stationary, compared to the 2-door front seats that flip forward? If so, the space behind the seats wouldn't offer much access. Or add a pair of front 2-door seats to the coversion price

It's eye-catching, but I would get Much more use out of an extended-cab w/ opposing doors & a seperate ~6' bed.
And a turbodiesel, manual 6 speed & Rubicon t-case, while we're wishing.
In the new beige color, please.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CrazyCasey
I love it
....... as long as its not $$$$$ how much do ya think it'll cost????? A new top. Bulkhead. door inserts and a drop in bedliner..... sounds like it could be affordable
Depends on if the kit includes the Prorock 44 front axle they talk about in the video.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

What about the roll bar? How does it work with the conversion? I did'nt see anything mentioned about it.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:41 AM
JK Freak

This is cool. I think some of you are missing the point... I could see just using the side panel replacements in the kit to get something like this: (photoshop mock-up)

or this...

With 2-door seats in the front that fold-up, you could still have seats in the back.

Originally Posted by Slim
I concur. I was excited to see the final product....what a let down. Jeep executives, you are idiots.
It think we all know who the real idiot is. We need to encourage Jeep & Mopar to make this a reality, not hurl insults like you are in middle school. This is just a concept.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by drcre8tive

It think we all know who the real idiot is. We need to encourage Jeep & Mopar to make this a reality, not hurl insults like you are in middle school. This is just a concept.
You're absolutely right. I'm an idiot. I'm going to buy a JK and then spend more money on a kit to make it into a pickup. Why would I want to buy a JK with pickup capabilities directly from the factory? That would make no sense. It's only money, right? Obviously you have more money than sense.

I think it more than a concept:

"Sassorossi said Mopar is still getting feedback from its dealer network on pricing, and looking for more feedback from the 2011 Moab Easter Jeep Safari before finalizing all details -- with planned release during late summer."

Last edited by Slim; 04-09-2011 at 08:11 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

The more I look at the picture I can't comprehend making a 4 door into a pickup. Looks like a j8 with a front cab witch it is. Can we even purchase a j8 in the states? I want to see this conversion on a 4 door. I think jeep needs to go back to the drawing board. It does look way cool though!
Old 04-10-2011, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

i think having a pick up would be great but the main reason why i bought my jku is because it has the seating ! i know if i wanted a truck with seating for 5 then i should have bought a truck but i bought a jeep because i love jeep not so much the stealership but jeep as a whole ! I think that jeep should be looking into what MBRP is doing with their jeep turning it from a 4 door jeep to a 4 door jeep truck ! so far the progress is awesome

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...P+diesel+build

if they where to reproduce this they would not have to put it as much reinforcement in and so on but still they are doing what jeep SHOULD be doing !
anyways i think that the kit is going to be quite a bit and i dont think that i will be giving them anymore of my hard earned money for this swap !

I do have to finally say thank you to jeep because they are finally listening to us and giving us what we want !!! now whats next ......... GIVE US A DIESEL ENGINE IN THE JKS !!!! !!!!!!

Quick Reply: JK-8 Independence Pick-Up Truck Conversion