Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK coming at you(View)

Old 11-10-2006, 05:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can do it the way that its been talked about which is using jumpers from the wires and wiring the fog lights directly into both the low and high beem connections.

Another way, and the way I prefer, is to actually disengage the the fog lamps in the relay and run a seperate relay switch to the inside of the cab somewhere so that you have complete control to turn on/off the fogs anytime you want with a flip of the switch.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:06 PM
JK Newbie

Default Fog Light Defeat

http://www.getahelmet.com/jeeps/tech/fogrelay/

This is a link to a pretty good write up on what I was talking about in removing a pin in the relay to allow the fog lights to stay on with the high beams.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't think it would be required to run the fog lights with the high beams, at least for me I have tried the fog lights a couple of time on some very dark roads here in NM. The fog lights are very bright but they do not shine very far so I kept finding myself focusing on stuff closer to the Jeep then the items further out that were still illuminated by the low beams. I can see why you would want to use fog lights with the TJ there lights suck, but the lights on the JK are so frigging bright I feel sorry for every one I pass on the road.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dougr5150
I don't think it would be required to run the fog lights with the high beams, at least for me I have tried the fog lights a couple of time on some very dark roads here in NM. The fog lights are very bright but they do not shine very far so I kept finding myself focusing on stuff closer to the Jeep then the items further out that were still illuminated by the low beams. I can see why you would want to use fog lights with the TJ there lights suck, but the lights on the JK are so frigging bright I feel sorry for every one I pass on the road.
I sorta felt the same way. That's why I never tried this on my TJ. I never used my fog lights because my headlights tended to shine right into the back seats of cars in front of me. I was curious, though, how well this would have worked while driving on the beach at night. On the TJ, if you have the fogs on, you can pull back on the light switch to activate the passing lights. This would leave the fogs on with the brights, but you had to hold the lever back. I would do that to spread light across the beach when I needed it.

Quick Reply: JK coming at you(View)