Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK Development Book

Old 09-04-2008, 05:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default JK Development Book

OK, bear with me on the start of this thread.

First off I am a Hummer fan - I think the H1 is the coolest thing since sliced bread. I seriously looked at buying an H3 (Adventure) when I was looking at the JK (and if the pricing then is what it is now, I'd probably own one. In hindsight, I am glad I do not, as modification parts are very expensive for the H3 and my Rubi is a more capable rig).

So, every time a new model Hummer is released, someone releases a book covering the design, planning, assembly, etc of the model. They are neat books that help one better appreciate what was gone through to make the vehicle. I want one for the JK - does it exist? See below for examples of the books I am referring to:

amazon.com/Hummer-Launch-book-Larry-Edsall/dp/0760321957/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1220577990&sr=1-1

amazon.com/Hummer-H2-ColorTech-John-Lamm/dp/0760312443/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1220578000&sr=1-1

amazon.com/Hummer-Next-Generation-Enthusiast-Color/dp/0760300453/ref=pd_sim_b_2

So, after scouring the Internet and the forums, I have come up with nothing. Anyone?

Last edited by wayoflife; 09-05-2008 at 05:39 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:38 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You might have got a better response without all this....stuff in there. "First off I am a Hummer fan - I think the H1 is the coolest thing since sliced bread."
Old 09-04-2008, 06:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He just posted it so give everyone a few more minutes to respond. There's nothing wrong with admiring another vehicle. Besides, he's just looking for a book about the development of the JK, like the ones in the links. By the way, I think the H1 is a pretty awesome machine too. I try not to be a jeep fanboy and would rather appreciate a vehicle for it's capabilities regardless of who makes it.
Oh, and I haven't seen any books about the JK either.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Oh, I know it, I was just bein funny.

Originally Posted by Denny2565
He just posted it so give everyone a few more minutes to respond. There's nothing wrong with admiring another vehicle. Besides, he's just looking for a book about the development of the JK, like the ones in the links. By the way, I think the H1 is a pretty awesome machine too. I try not to be a jeep fanboy and would rather appreciate a vehicle for it's capabilities regardless of who makes it.
Oh, and I haven't seen any books about the JK either.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:21 PM
JK Freak

OK, sometimes it's hard to tell just by reading a post. Maybe a happy face will help me tell the difference next time. But not the one with the tongue, that one makes me feel dirty.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have used books for cars in the past - Haynes Manuals

but checking their website, the last one produced for the wrangler was for 1987-2003 models

the workshop manuals on eBay for the wranglers on go upto 2003/04 ish too

drawing blanks at all sides here like! apologies, guess there isnt one out there!

(ps Im a H3 fan and nearly bought one instead of the JK too lol, but dont tell anyone! )
Old 09-05-2008, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have seen the book you posted for the link for on the H3. I flipped through it at a bodyshop. It was actually a pretty cool book, and I would be interested if there was one for the JK.

At the risk of being ostracized by other forum members, I actually considered the H3 when purchasing my JK. I have no animosity towards Hummer drivers. I was really interested in having the Alpha H3 with the V8 for mountain driving here in Colorado.

I chose the JK because the process to take the roof and doors off the H3 was too complicated.

Seriously though, I chose the JK because of the many options of hardtop, softop, half doors, full doors, freedom panels... I can essentially have a different vehicle everyday of the week. This is my third Jeep, but first Wrangler. I am really glad I chose the JK over the H3.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:04 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know what you mean, I had a book like that, that came with my new beettle, and I thought it was pretty cool, I too wish I had one for my jeep.

Quick Reply: JK Development Book