Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK getting diesel in 2011, confirmed! Great Article.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thebroadside
Automatic shut off?? Imagine running through a rather large "puddle" and you stop!
I hope there is a way to disable this option. I wouldn't care to have the motor shut off while crawling or waiting for someone to clear an obstacle.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Milous
Advance engineering documents I have show the diesel to be the 2.8L, same as the one currently used in export models.

The 3.8L is also listed as carrying over for the 2011 model year, with the new Pentastar 3.6L scheduled for the 2012 model year.

I should be able to positively confirm the drivetrain information for 2011 and 2012 before too long, will post the info here as soon as I get it. With the upcoming holidays it may be sometime in January. I will also be getting additional 2011 information.

I believe that they will show the refreshed 2011 Wrangler at the NY Auto Show in April, awaiting confirmation on that also.
The current 2.8 is worthless...The Fiat 3.0 now that will work..It makes More HP and Torque. So I hope that changes

Quick Reply: JK getting diesel in 2011, confirmed! Great Article.