Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK Haters

Old 05-06-2012, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexTen
Its not about slow car.... No one plays with weak.... When I drive my tuned JK with supercharger, every rusty old shit try me... When I drive Merc SL, same thing.... I actually noticed that really fast and expensive cars are more polite in traffic, but rusty shit will never give you free way.... Same with people - only strong will forgive, weak will bite from behind. And its not about money. IMHO
This is the absolute truth. Amen to that^^^
Old 05-06-2012, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bimmer335

just do what I do I flipp on like 10 aux lights
I had a guy driving a salvaged police car cut me off, then shine his spotlight right into my face. So once he was trapped in front of my by the guard rail and a car on his right I turned on all 10 of my aux lights, brights, and dropped back just far enough to light up all his mirrors. He cut across 3 lanes of traffic to get away from me.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been enjoying averaging 21mpg's since I've gone over 7900 miles on the odo. But I've gone back to my old driving style when I was in my Acura. You want to get in front of me? Then you're going to have to work for it--and most of that work is going to be in vain.

Just this morning some chick in a Honda passed about 1000 feet of opportunity to merge into highway traffic and rocketed all the way down to the end of the on ramp just so she could merge in front of MY Jeep? Yes, I forced her to merge BEHIND me instead of nearly running over the person that was only two car lengths ahead of me. She ended up in front of an 18 wheeler that blasted her with his high beams until she changed lanes again.

The guy in the TJ: He had some really, really low gearing. When he launched from a dead stop his front end nearly lifted off the ground. I was still in 1st gear up to about 45mph when he bucked and wobbled all the way through all five of his gears. Yes, I embarrassed him. Saw him a couple days later when I was filling up at the gas station. He stared at my Jeep with a look of disbelief.

A guy in a black Vette thought about nonchalantly taking over my Jeep on the highway just for the hell of it the other day. There was absolutely NO traffic in his lane and we were miles from the nearest exit, so there was no excuse. Just as he gunned it I gunned my Jeep. He backed off when he saw it wouldn't be as easy as drinking a glass of tap water to pass. Not that I'm saying my Jeep was faster--it just stunned him that he couldn't overtake me like a cheetah passing a sea turtle.

It's understandable. Jeep Wranglers/TJ/CJ/Willys have been known to be slow no matter what was under the hood from the factory.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think all drivers including us JK drivers tend to pass or not pass someone else depending on how fast the other vehicle is moving in traffic and whether we think the other vehicle tends to be slow or not.
Just being rude and potentially dangerous is another thing.
I do get cut off sometimes in my 11' Unl. Rubi but because it's mostly stock except for the intake and exhaust and because I tend to drive quickly I don't get cut off that much. That's one reason I probably won't lift my JK and add larger tires; it would be better for .1% of my driving but worse for the other 99.9%.
Yesterday morning I made it from Big Bear dam to my place in west L.A. (110 miles) in and hour and 50 minutes, for any of you that know that route that's moving pretty good.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:34 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AirDWN
I've been enjoying averaging 21mpg's since I've gone over 7900 miles on the odo. But I've gone back to my old driving style when I was in my Acura. You want to get in front of me? Then you're going to have to work for it--and most of that work is going to be in vain.
That first sentence right there told me why you're getting passed left and right. I drive around the slow pokes all day as well. The vast majority of drivers (particularly during rush hour) aren't out on the roads for the sheer fun of it, they are trying to get somewhere. If you're in the way, you're getting passed.

Also as far as nicer cars go, they are very likely passing you or at least not being behind you from everything your tires can kick up. Drive a car behind a 4x4 of any kind really and the first time you lose a windshield or realize the nose of your car was just sandblasted, will be the last time you stay behind them. Hell about 5 years ago I lost a faceshield on my helmet from being behind a lifted chevy on my motorcycle and a rock flew into it (and yea scared the $h!t outta me lol).

It's not JK hate, it's just slower traffic and 4x4's in general.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Bimmer335
just do what I do I flipp on like 10 aux lights
.......yeh....
Old 05-07-2012, 09:08 AM
JK Newbie

I would like to think its our JK awesomeness. But the truth is people are becoming more aggressive, less patient, and overall more rude on a daily basis. After I put large bumpers on my TJ, I honesty think it reduced the cut offs and tail gates. I was cute of in my JK by a flipping Prius on a 4 lane highway. No one else around. No reason for it. I was doing about 72 in a 70. And they were doing 63 64 in the slower lane. Then just came over. Maybe she was upset by the fact I was burning the gas she was trying to save.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny, around here 90% of the Prius drivers are left lane hammer-heads. It baffles me as to why they bought those cars.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Boy I'm glad I don't have your problem, knock on wood. I get heated sometimes while driving but I'm use to driving big trucks so I will Bully your ass all over the road. I did catch a lot of sh!t when I had my last F150, I was stationed at Fort Lewis WA and the hippy ass people didn't like my gas guzzling truck lol. I actually had a dude spit on my windshield while going down the road. Now I carry my pistol everywhere except here, but I flipped out and ran him off the road but I didn't pull my gun I'm not that stupid. He thought he could get away from me since my truck was so big, I had a 8" lift on 38's but tons of performance upgrades to include a Super Charger lol. Needless to say he won't be doing that again, at least not to a Monster Truck lol
Old 05-07-2012, 09:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AirDWN
For the last few days I've experienced an exhorbent amount of people cutting me off just for the hell of it. And I'm not just talking about a person that casually enters my lane with a proper signal. I'm talking about people that go out of their way, speed up from nearly ten car lengths behind me, and cut me off just to make a right hand turn a couple feet down the road.

I've had guys, yes, try to run me off the road trying to turn in front of me or speed up just to cut me off time and time again. and I'm not the 'Sunday driver' kind of guy either. Last night I even had a guy in a Jeep TJ speed up just to cut me off and make a right turn. I would understand if there was a row of cars a mile long trolling behind me. But there's no cars behind me, which means instead of taking the risk of nearly running me off the road they can simply slow down and fall behind me. This is some pure ignorance. Anyone else have this issue?

I think its because some of these people assume that everyone driving a JKU is unecessarily slow, so they assume I'm the same way. Or they think 2012 JKs still have that same weak ass 3.8 minivan engine. Had to prove the guy in the TJ wrong.
Get a stinger. I find that I get cut off way less now. Or maybe I just feel that way.

Quick Reply: JK Haters