Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK Haters

Old 05-07-2012, 09:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Throw on some 37s and huge lift. People would be more scared
Old 05-07-2012, 11:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by izznice
get a stinger. I find that i get cut off way less now. Or maybe i just feel that way.
ha ha ha hah ha ha!!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 12:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steelgrave
That first sentence right there told me why you're getting passed left and right. I drive around the slow pokes all day as well. The vast majority of drivers (particularly during rush hour) aren't out on the roads for the sheer fun of it, they are trying to get somewhere. If you're in the way, you're getting passed.

Also as far as nicer cars go, they are very likely passing you or at least not being behind you from everything your tires can kick up. Drive a car behind a 4x4 of any kind really and the first time you lose a windshield or realize the nose of your car was just sandblasted, will be the last time you stay behind them. Hell about 5 years ago I lost a faceshield on my helmet from being behind a lifted chevy on my motorcycle and a rock flew into it (and yea scared the $h!t outta me lol).

It's not JK hate, it's just slower traffic and 4x4's in general.
No. Even on Sunday I don't drive slow. No. This happens when I'm going the speed limit. I've trained myself to continuously scan front to rear--I can spot a jerk over 3000 feet from the rear decide to speed up JUST to make a right turn only a few feet in front of me? That's just dumbass ignorant.

There's a thread around here somewhere where people have experienced better gas mileage after they hit around 5000 to 8000 miles. I've experienced the same change. I love the gas mileage but 50% percent of the time I'm on the road I'm usually between 70 to 90mph.

I have stock tires and they don't kick up anything--it's quite the opposite. I catch a nail or a screw nearly twice a damn month.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think most of the people around the small towns here only cut me off or pull out in front of me because they screw up and suck at driving.

I play on the back roads once in a while, but I am cautious in traffic. However, no one enjoys other drivers being inconsiderate.

I usually drive no more than 5 over the limit, and don't care if passed. Best thing is just to flow with whatever the traffic is doing. That way I am neither an obstruction nor cutting traffic.

Because I rode sports bikes for decades, I am really aware of vehicles behind me, and there have been a few of times when a merge was coming up and I see someone about to come around and cut me off. A little go pedal and loud roar puts that plan to rest. I don't think those type of jokers expect to see a stock looking Wrangler unload the front springs.

It is possible that the PureJeep grillguard bumper with that stinger sticking out does help. Bought it for the deer but if it intimidates humans thinking of jumping out in front of me, all the better.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Okay...this morning I got cut off twice--count them--TWICE. I get it. They think this: Oh there's a bright light shinning in his face. He must be texting, so I'll teach him a lesson and cut him off. First of all, no I'm not texting. Secondly, I'm not one of those idiots that will stare at their phone like they're on auto pilot on a shuttle in deep space. I scan. I CONTINUOUSLY SCAN. This means I constantly scan the road ahead and only need a 10th of a second to look at my phone.

DON'T PISS OFF A GUY IN A PENTASTAR-POWERED JEEP.

I'm traveling at a normal speed highway speed--I pick this guy up with my peripheral vision slowly cruising past me. You've experienced this before--a person passing you that slowly isn't worried about his speed as much as they're rubber-necking into your vehicle. He comes within INCHES of my front bumper as he proceeds to casually cut me off. I decided to return the favor. YES-I-DID. Long story short, he learned his lesson.

Second guy--I'm at a red light minding my own business. AGAIN, I see him pull around from behind me over into the LEFT TURN ONLY LANE. I can see him from my peripheral looking to see if I'm paying attention. NEWSFLASH. I don't need to look you in the face to see that you're looking at me. Light turns green and he pulls off in front of me. I'm not going to cause an accident in an intersection because yet another jerk decides he can take advantage. SO I RETURN THE FAVOR. I nonchalantly overtake him within the speed limit and keep it moving.

NEXT.

I'm driving through the neighborhood and a garbage truck is precariously blocking the middle of the road while two guys take their time emptying cans. As I sit there patiently the two garbage men look at me with this NYAH, NYAH, NYAH you have to wait look. No, I'm not imagining this. These two jerks are chilling--taking their time like no one has anything to do but them. So, I casually drive around them and cruise over the curb. They both stare at me like I stole candy right out of their pockets as my JKU smoothly travels over the curb.

Last edited by AirDWN; 05-14-2012 at 04:31 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by yo_marc
I get that around here too. It bugs me bad when I see someone coming, and in your mind you call it, but talk yourself out of it and mentally give the guy a second chance. Then, yup, there they go. Lots of that stuff on four lane roads and highway exits.

My JK runs some short gearing, so it's pretty slow off the line unless I wind it out through first and second. So I've often got people thinking I'm a slow poke, when I just need to get to third or fourth before I get any actual speed going. By then they're already trying to get around me at most any expense - then the dive bomb in comes when they misjudge speeds and distances.

I've also got a lot of people pulling out in front of me. I often wonder if the headlight spacing makes people think the Jeep is farther away than it is. Maybe it's just the same drivers.
No Its just Mass people are Massholes!!! Happens all the time to me on the way into Boston. One time I even had a lady bitch at me out her window because I wouldnt let her in front of me, she tried to cut me off. People are just ignorant there is no reason for it but its not only a JK thing its an all around thing here in MA.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have to say, it happened ALOT before I added the 37's. Now, they seem to just stay the heck out of my way. I used to get so pissed, and most times I couldnt catch up to the a'holes to voice my displeasure because they would just speed away. Now though, like I said most move out of the way. Slow traffic can be fun though when in a large, lifted JK with huge tires

Quick Reply: JK Haters