Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK Therapy... lock me up & throw away the key!!

Old 06-29-2011, 01:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigRedJK

MAJOR PITA. You should have someone give you a hand, at least for when you mount the carrier arm to the hinge plate. Really, the difficult part is all the work done inside the taillights assembly. You jsut have to take your time... measure twice, drill once. Get an angle drill and it should go so much smoother. Also, the hinge bolts were kind of tough to get in... once they're in, they ain't coming out w/o a lot of cuss words and hammering. But the final result is awesome & this thing feels pretty indestructible.
I am so excited to get this on! We are putting the bumper on this weekend. There is NO way I can even lift it myself (whimpy) and drilling into the jeep isn't something I really want to do, but I figure if hubby screws it up I can blame him
Old 06-29-2011, 01:42 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by debsJK

I am so excited to get this on! We are putting the bumper on this weekend. There is NO way I can even lift it myself (whimpy) and drilling into the jeep isn't something I really want to do, but I figure if hubby screws it up I can blame him
I'm sure the bumper will be easy. Usually taking off the old one takes longer than mounting the new one.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:47 PM
JK Freak

The old one is a Tube bumper that I've had 2 yrs. I like the tube bumpers but I'm really hard on stuff...REALLY Oh and the WONDERFUL man I married just sent me an email and said he'd do the bumper tonight while I am at a baseball game with a kidd-o. I think he is expecting something...what do you think
Old 06-30-2011, 04:14 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by debsJK
The old one is a Tube bumper that I've had 2 yrs. I like the tube bumpers but I'm really hard on stuff...REALLY Oh and the WONDERFUL man I married just sent me an email and said he'd do the bumper tonight while I am at a baseball game with a kidd-o. I think he is expecting something...what do you think
LMAO

Marriage is a "barter" system, ain't it!
Old 07-01-2011, 04:54 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BigRedJK
LMAO

Marriage is a "barter" system, ain't it!
Oh yes it is In fact it's gonna be 95 with heat index of 105+ today and guess who has my jeep I started in about what to do with the windows (I have a cloverpatch cover roll) after work and he just looked at me and said forget it you are obsessing...I'll drive the truck So I just said, you break it you bought it I don't like to share

Quick Reply: JK Therapy... lock me up & throw away the key!!