Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK tops Forbes list of "Worst-Made Cars on The Road"

Old 04-14-2010, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK tops Forbes list of "Worst-Made Cars on The Road"

Forbes rates the JK as the Worst-Made Car on The Road (I don't care, I hate cats). I agree with them. If anyone else makes anything similar to the wrangler in the future, ie solid axle truck that has a removable top and doors, , I'll be the first one to jump ship because the quality for the price has to be better than what we have with the JK.

http://www.forbes.com/2010/04/07/wor...r_slide_8.html
Old 04-14-2010, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Somebody needs to tell Forbes it's a Jeep, not a car.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:32 AM
JK Freak

I guess I don't see why the JK is such a hunk of junk ??
All cars nowadays are made cheaper than they used to be. But my JK is not a rolling POS
Old 04-14-2010, 10:06 AM
JK Super Freak

That's based on Consumer Reports... they get their information from surveys they send to owners and the majority of people who respond are only the ones who have problems which bumps up the negative numbers

Ironic that Klipinger and Kelly Blue Book has had the JK Wrangler listed as #1 in resale value for the "Truck Based SUV segment" for the past two years.

Best Resale Value: Truck-based SUVs
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport AWD
Sticker price: $21,915 (manual)
Dealer cost: $21,377
New Car Blue Book Value: $21,915
Five-year service cost: $3,975
One-year insurance cost: $1,090
Resale value after three years: 64% -- five years: 46%
City: 15 mpg -- Highway: 19 mpg

Jeep’s classic off-roading drop-top has several feathers in its cap -- low insurance costs, a friendly starting price and plenty of legroom for a small SUV. Resale values are pumped up by the Wrangler’s popularity and Jeep’s loyal buyer base.

Besides...Wranglers have always been clunky rattle traps...that's part of the charm . Most owners like to rebuild them to their own tastes anyway. You want an "SUV" that is plush, quiet on the road and has tons of power...get something else to park at the mall. You want a sports car off road, crawl rocks, take the doors and top off whenever you want...get a Wrangler.

Last edited by Blonda; 04-14-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Idiots. No one at Forbes warned of the economic collapse in 2008 either, and that's their business. They missed the boat on that call and have again with this one. They clearly know nothing about Jeeps, as is evident in by their JK rating and should stick to what they know . . . oh yeah, they know nothing. Idiots!
Old 04-14-2010, 03:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

TREASON IS A CRIME.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I work on all makes and models professionally, mainly high-end imports. They are ALL POS's- the best any vehicle will be over its LIFETIME is the DAY IT IS BUILT. From that day forward it deteriorates EVERY day. The JK is a CHEAP vehicle, built to a price. It's built for volume sales. Perfection and volume sales DO NOT go hand in hand. For the price the quality of a JK is actually very good, capability-wise it is superb. Mine has 40,000 miles , no issues. Paint shiny, tranny good, absolutely no oil usage. What could be better? An import? Bull, the capability wouldn't be near as good. The import would have an extra coat of clear so the U.S. buyers perception of the quality would be higher, as far as fuel economy and general toughness your JK will stand up to any comparable import.....
Old 04-14-2010, 06:29 PM
JK Newbie

Default Honeymooners

Most of the people responding to the general satisfaction survey are what I call "Jeep honeymooners". Ever since the 4 door jk was released people have been buying and leasing them thinking it's the equivalent to an escalade. Once they spend the initial year driving it they realize that the jk was built for a purpose other than mall hopping.
These folks can't wait to get out of their Jeeps and into something more comfortable.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Suge94
Most of the people responding to the general satisfaction survey are what I call "Jeep honeymooners". Ever since the 4 door jk was released people have been buying and leasing them thinking it's the equivalent to an escalade. Once they spend the initial year driving it they realize that the jk was built for a purpose other than mall hopping.
These folks can't wait to get out of their Jeeps and into something more comfortable.
I concur.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The JK is a blunt instrument. It's a totally kick-ass blunt instrument, but a blunt one nonetheless. I agree that lots of people buy them expecting a mall crawler that they can drive while braindead/texting their friends. They are then horrified that the Jeep requires actual maintenance, can be temperamental, and doesn't drive like their Ford Escape.

Jeep could definitely address some quality issues with the JK, but worst-made car on the road? I call bullshit.

Quick Reply: JK tops Forbes list of "Worst-Made Cars on The Road"