Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK: the Toughest Stock Jeep ever built?

Old 10-27-2008, 07:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 10-27-2008, 07:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
my dad can beat up your dad.
Just showing some JK pride on the JK forum. Mybad.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:50 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by turtoni
Just showing some JK pride on the JK forum. Mybad.

...and i was just making a joke.

honestly, i think it is probably just about a wash with the older models, definetly better in some areas, astonishingly worse in others. As far as "tough" goes, that is purely subjective and the opinion of the individual. I doubt it is anything you can actually prove with facts. I love my JK, will probably have it until there isnt much left of it. Being that it is, and will likely always remain my daily driver, I would still love a TJ for a trail beater that i wouldnt care if i wrecked., and a 66 CJ for retoration and road fun.

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 10-27-2008 at 07:55 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:02 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say the most fully-featured, but I'd have a hard time slapping the strongest moniker on it. And I assume you're only including the bobtail type Jeeps.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am sorry, but I dont think you can ever compar a Civilian Jeep of any kind to a Military Jeep in terms being tough!

This is how you work on a WWII Jeep with out a lift, it dos not dent the body at all to lay it on it side!!

I have a stock 1944 MB that was used in a World War and 63 years of used and is still going strong!
Old 10-27-2008, 11:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Come on now. That new steel foil they used for the body panels in the JK is invincible. You can lay them on the side too. The silly putty interior plastic is invincible too. Might scratch just by looking at it but it is here to stay. I like the spin they put on the axles being stronger. Sure they made them stronger but they had to since the Jeep is fatter and wider. I still see that posted like it means anything. Let's see muffler location, control arm mount location, evap can location, electric fan, poor top design (hard and soft), No crease in the hood for strength, . . . . . . . . . . . .

I don't know. I'm a little cynical but I still don't think there is much if anything that is stronger on the JK than previous Jeeps. I take that back. The JK has the thickest carpet I have ever seen.

Last edited by saltman; 10-27-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:11 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by ChevyM14
I am sorry, but I dont think you can ever compar a Civilian Jeep of any kind to a Military Jeep in terms being tough!
Kinda my thought as well, those military Jeeps really could take a beating.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i don't think is the strongest, but I know for sure is the most capable, I think a lot of us have wheeled with very modified cj's or yj's or others and realized that actually the jk is better even in stock form. another thing ,is most of us could not by any means use a WWII jeep as a dd. times are different know, I remember driving my cj7 and being so happy doing 50MPH on the road (it felt like you were doing 80) and it wouldn't go any faster. often I find my self pulling or helping fix an older jeep on the trail, while I start and finish the trail in my jk. So I think we should look at the good points in the jk. and whoever said you can lay a WWII jeep on its side and not dent it ,take a look at how dented all those old jeeps are.(including yours I'm sure)
Old 10-27-2008, 11:51 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Most capable, perhaps.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:56 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hay....what kinda plants are those?!?!?!?!?!

Quick Reply: JK: the Toughest Stock Jeep ever built?