Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jk vs. H2 or H3

Old 02-20-2009, 02:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, a buddy of mine just got a H3 & was telling me about how much better it was than my JK 2-door as the US Army use them; seems many people don't know the difference between a military H1 and the softer civilian street versions.

Anyway, first time out on the trails I stuck the JK into low & went straight up the near-vertical side of the shale quarry we were in, popped up over the lip & straight down the other side. My buddy seemed to be having trouble getting traction but eventually made it to the top, ran out of ramp angle & kinda hung there swaying to & fro until a couple of us jumped on the back & helped him to rock it back down.

Arguement over H3/JK abilities solved there & then.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apparently Hummers don't handle speed bumps too well...

Old 06-02-2009, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

can u get a h2 or an h3 with factory lockers????

not saying it matters ive just always wondered.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:13 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
I'll take the JK. If you're really interested, youtube is your friend, there is a ton of stuff on there which should give you the info you need. There was a 4x4 shoot-out in one of the mags awhile back, in which the JK Rubicon "won" (there was an H3 involved). I...

"Car and Driver" I believe and it was a H3 with the V8 vs the JK Rubicon and the JK won!
Old 06-02-2009, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKlad
Yeah, a buddy of mine just got a H3 & was telling me about how much better it was than my JK 2-door as the US Army use them; seems many people don't know the difference between a military H1 and the softer civilian street versions.

Anyway, first time out on the trails I stuck the JK into low & went straight up the near-vertical side of the shale quarry we were in, popped up over the lip & straight down the other side. My buddy seemed to be having trouble getting traction but eventually made it to the top, ran out of ramp angle & kinda hung there swaying to & fro until a couple of us jumped on the back & helped him to rock it back down.

moron... lol The military Hummers are hardcore machines but I don't think that any civilian Hummer can beat out the JK Most are blinged out with chrome and everyone knows that chrome won't get you home!!!
Old 06-02-2009, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

only hummer that will ever be better than a jk in my book is the REAL hummer

not the crap you see out in the streets today.. they took a rugged off road military use vehicle and tried making it a luxury family car
Old 06-02-2009, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nght&Day-jk
only hummer that will ever be better than a jk in my book is the REAL hummer

not the crap you see out in the streets today.. they took a rugged off road military use vehicle and tried making it a luxury family car
Okay okay, an H1 would more than likely match up well with the JK
Old 06-02-2009, 08:53 PM
JK Freak

Love the H1's, but I'd still take the JK in some offroad situations, namely rock crawling. The H1 has it in water and mud though, and just all around toughness. They actually have metal body panels as opposed to our tin foil.

H2 and H3 are hard to compare, but I hear they ride nicer on the street!
Old 06-03-2009, 05:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

H3 > H2. Just make sure you get the Adventure package.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKlad

H3 is a tarted up chevy trailblazer. Also known as a saab 9-7, GMC Envoy, caddie srx.
Frigg'n 4wd minivan like the Acura MDX.

Best tell your buddy to start hording replacement parts as they are going to be getting expensive when the dollar falls against the yuan and the Hummer components are made in China by the new owners..