Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK vs. WK

Old 03-11-2007, 05:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK vs. WK

Right now we have a TJ and an 06 VW Jetta TDI. We got the TDI because my wife used to drive 30-40 miles a day to work but now she works in town and we have a 9 month old daughter and as I am sure some of you know she comes with lots of baggage literally. We now have the baby bag, stroller and when were are going on a trip a few bags of toys so we need something with more room. We have driven both the WK and 4 door JK and my wife said the JK is not as comfortable. Have any of you been disappointed with the comfort of your Jeeps? I've read that the Jk has more room in almost every way but I can't seem to find any other arguments. Since I'll be keeping the TJ for the HD off road duty we would probubly be looking and an 08 X 6-speed and as many goodies as we could get.

Also I like the idea of getting the rear locker option but can you still get ESP with that?
Old 03-11-2007, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think my 2dr Sahara JK is really comfortable but that is compared to my atock YJ that I was driving before.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:20 PM
JK Super Freak

We have a 2006 VW Jetta TDI and a 07 JK.
ESP comes with EVERY model standard.

I bet you will be disapointed to get rid of the VW for a Jeep though. They are so smooth and have nice interiors.

Jeeps.....
The opposite.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:30 PM
JK Freak

My wife drives an 07 Jetta TDi too, and I know what you mean about space... 3.5 and 1.5 year old boys. I can pack it all in for a trip, but it's tight. We took it camping last fall. I went to get firewood after camp was set, filling the trunk with wood and bugs, then 3.5y/o pucked in back seat. My wife said I could order a Jeep asap.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:40 AM
JK Newbie

If/when we decide to part with the TDI we will probably also be getting another car. With our work schedules it is hard for me to keep everything up on my wife's DD because its never here when I have time to work on it and she doesn't like to drive the modified TJ on bad roads especially with our daughter.

She likes the Mazda 3's and they come fairly cheap used.