Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Junkyard Spare Parts?

Old 04-25-2009, 09:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Junkyard Spare Parts?

So I was thinking, i know with the TJ's I could take parts, drive shafts (have them cut down) axle shafts, etc from XJ's and use them as spare parts.

What I am wondering is, does anyone know of any vehicles that use either the same axle shaft length/bolt pattern as a JK? or same type of drive shaft, or even same tie rod/drag link?

I feel I should carry spares, but I hate having a fortune tied up in spare parts doing nothing.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by k0vx
So I was thinking, i know with the TJ's I could take parts, drive shafts (have them cut down) axle shafts, etc from XJ's and use them as spare parts.

What I am wondering is, does anyone know of any vehicles that use either the same axle shaft length/bolt pattern as a JK? or same type of drive shaft, or even same tie rod/drag link?

I feel I should carry spares, but I hate having a fortune tied up in spare parts doing nothing.
dont think any vehicle shares the driveshafts or axles, if you upgrade your axles you can then keep the stocks as spares, but if you really want to just have stock spares, you can look in the forsale section on forum or check car-part.com or automotix.net they are both sites that search junk yards for parts
Old 04-25-2009, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, I was at the junkyard yesterday and found myself wondering the same thing. Over the years there have been lots of different models that shared a multitude of interchangable parts. It would seem that the jk was a ground up design and shares very little, if any parts with other vehicles.

Quick Reply: Junkyard Spare Parts?