Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Keyless entry.....this one works....

Old 03-29-2007, 07:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Have a look-see, folks... I didn't know about this trick until I read this (and one other) thread on the forum, but this site explains the WHY behind it (seriously).
Old 03-29-2007, 04:21 PM
HEK
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
Have a look-see, folks... I didn't know about this trick until I read this (and one other) thread on the forum, but this site explains the WHY behind it (seriously).
great find, I was just sharing something I tried and worked when I needed it most..thanks MJS_Jeep_888 for the link that explains it...
Old 03-29-2007, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm gonna get my brother to try it tommorow, anyone wanna lay odds on wether he thinks it's a prank or not?
Old 03-29-2007, 07:33 PM
JK Newbie

Default Too Late

Your too late Jon I've already read this thread. Plus I will have your other brothers truck tomorrow. 5th wheel hitch install.... Ring a bell?
Old 03-29-2007, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

DANG! Did I mention I'm sick?
Old 03-29-2007, 08:12 PM
JK Newbie

Default You better show up for work

If you are well enough to "play" on the computer at 11 at night you are well enough to show up for work. If I have to drive that piece of crap 62 miles for nothing someone is in trouble.

How else are we going to try the remote thing tomorrow (getting back to the topic of this thread)
Old 03-30-2007, 03:05 AM
JK Junkie

So, here's an anecdotal tale on-topic...

I have a dealer-installed remote starter (Pursuit brand, which is the company that manufactures Mopar's remote starters). I lock my Jeep at night, and every morning around 5:45 when it's chillly (like every morning so far this year) I use the remote start. I live very close to my neighbors (condo), and if my Jeep is locked, the horn will sound to indicate that the remote start has successfully worked - if the Jeep is unlocked, it doesnt honk, just starts right up without any fuss. Now, that honk is a great "confirmation," but at quarter to 6 AM, that's pretty damn rude to my neighbors... the problem was that my lock/unlock signals from the key transmitter wouldn't reach the Jeep, so I'd either have to go outside and walk halfway to my Jeep to unlock it first, or else be rude and stay warm in the house while the neighbors caught a blast from my horn (complete with nice condo echo)...

That was BEFORE I learned this trick. So, this morning, I put the key up to my chin, and hit unlock 2-3 times... the Jeep is parked around the side of the condo units I'm a part of so there was no way for me to tell if the unlock function worked (because I can't see if the lights went on). Well, I hit the remote start, and didn't hear the horn... so I went outside to check - sure enough, with help from the "chin trick" the key transmitter reached the Jeep! So, I got to use the remote start without being a jerk to the neighbors...

This is especially impressive to me, because it means that the signal is strong enough that it is somehow going around (or through) multiple walls, or reflecting off an opposing condo's exterior and rebounding to the Jeep (which would easily be over 100 feet counting the rebound). My remote start is rated for well over 100 feet, but I never thought I'd be able to lock/unlock from that same distance!

VERY cool trick, and thanks on behalf of my neighbors for mentioning it!
Old 03-30-2007, 05:33 AM
JK Freak

Kind of reminds me of years ago, telling the new guy on the crew, "If you wear your hard hat to Piggly Wiggly, they will give you a free turkey" Convinced it was an employee benefit, he tried it...

Besides, what good is it to unlock when that far away. You still have to get to the vehicle to get in...
Old 03-30-2007, 06:04 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by edubreuil
Kind of reminds me of years ago, telling the new guy on the crew, "If you wear your hard hat to Piggly Wiggly, they will give you a free turkey" Convinced it was an employee benefit, he tried it...

Besides, what good is it to unlock when that far away. You still have to get to the vehicle to get in...
If you read my post, you'd see what good it does... and for the record, this actually does work, so I'm not sure why you're making a comparison to some prank...
Old 03-30-2007, 06:15 AM
JK Newbie

It definitley works.... That doesn't mean you can be 500 yards away. But it does work at distances that regular attemps will not. This trick has been known for a LONG LONG LONG time. (At least in Columbus).

Quick Reply: Keyless entry.....this one works....