Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Kudos to AEV's Service

Old 10-28-2013, 03:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Kudos to AEV's Service

Wow, talk about service!

My 3.5" SC lift manual lists thick washers to "repair" the damage caused by cam bolts. I could not find mine, so I called. Over. Spoke with Greg, and it was discovered that they are no longer included in the kits, now they are optional. He apologized for the error, and offered to send me a set free of charge with free overnight shipping. This was Friday late afternoon, so he said they'd go out Monday for Tuesday arrival. They actually showed up today!

I have to say I am very happy with this type of service. To be honest, I expected top notch service and was happy I was not disappointed.

AEV is often criticized for being expensive, "just a bunch of brackets" and all of the other stuff one sees, but the performance of the product and service like this makes the extra cost well worth it.

Thanks AEV!

Last edited by SiliconTi; 10-29-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll want to use those cam bolts just as a temporary solution....check into the drop brackets or some adjustable arms.

But (on topic...) the service AEV rendered was great.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Old 10-28-2013, 04:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had similar service experiences with my AEV modified Jeep.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you need them?

All the ones I have done have had the thick washers, they did change the nuts on the bolts are are not longer lock nuts but I have been thread locker on them.

Sent via smoke signals
Old 10-29-2013, 06:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by karls
You'll want to use those cam bolts just as a temporary solution....check into the drop brackets or some adjustable arms.

But (on topic...) the service AEV rendered was great.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
I welded in the washers, so I can use real bolts. Using cam bolts was the dumbest thing I could have done. I have the drop brackets and am putting them in Wed.

Quick Reply: Kudos to AEV's Service