Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Kudos to Discount Tire Direct

Old 01-10-2010, 01:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kudos to Discount Tire Direct

I recently ordered a new spare (long story) from Discount Tire Direct a forum sponsor. It initially showed up as being in stock, but I got a call shortly after informing me that it would take 1-2 days longer than expected to ship.

Most places wouldn't have proactively notified me even if shipping was delayed 1-2 weeks.

I had it shipped to one of their shops where I had my original 35" set mounted. They dynamically balance all of their tires and can handle up to 37" tires. During the balance of this tire, the initial position of the tire required a total of 10 ozs. The aired it down, turned it on the rim and rebalanced without me requesting it.

This time it required only 2.5 oz. Not bad for a tire that weighs over 1000 oz.

They performed a 5 tire rotation after asking me if I had a preference in rotation pattern. They also asked me how the original balance was performing since the tires were being removed.

No charge for the rotation. $20 for the mount and balance with lifetime balance guarantee, not to mention a very competitive price on the tires.

I also forgot to mention, the manager was intelligent about the fact that I had spacers. He inspected them, then warned me about the potential hazards of these devices, but indicated that the units I had installed were high quality and would authorize the installation of the tires.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm about to order a set of 5 GY Duratracs and wheels from them but I'm not in the area where they have stores. Do you know how they handle road hazzard and such for out of area customers? I know Tirerack just has you go to the nearest NTB for servicing.

Quick Reply: Kudos to Discount Tire Direct