Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

laptop storage?

Old 11-19-2010, 02:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default laptop storage?

does anyone like tuffy make some type of underseat drawer or such for a 2 door that will hold a laptop? I have a medium size (14 inch) dell latitude d630 and like to have it with me lots of times but am always concerned about theft so I carry it with me all the time and it gets annoying having to do so..

I dont want a huge storage box in the back of the jeep.. just some nice little flat something that I can lock away the laptop itself..

all ive been able to do to this point is either carry it all the time or put a kensington lock wit ha cable around the roll bar.. of course that is easily cut.. however it keeps the random high school kid from nabbing it...

I also park in really busy areas in front of coffee shops and the like where someone crawling into a Jeep through an unzippered window might look strange.. but i need a better solution..

-Christopher
Old 11-21-2010, 08:15 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-256-1...y-lockbox.aspx

This will give you the option of making the entire lockbox portable or hard mounting it where you have space.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:34 AM
JK Newbie

Any one have one of these installed? Pics would be fantastic.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I keep my Dell in a zippered bag that is nearly the same color and texture as the floor mats. I lay it on the passenger floor and it is hard to see when you glance in.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Mine fits in the rear storage tub... I am not sure if the 2-door tub smaller than the unlimited.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by USAF_GroundRat
Mine fits in the rear storage tub... I am not sure if the 2-door tub smaller than the unlimited.
mine also fits in the rear storage tub.. which is out of view (and where it goes) but that piece of cardboard is easily ripped out...

I wish jeep had not put the seat fold lever on top of the seat.. in my TJ's i used to have "add-a-trunk" the seat fold lever was "inside" the newly created trunk area.. worked great...
-Christopher
Old 11-22-2010, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

sorry to threadjack but, what about something to help Mount a laptop inside a JK.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JeepaRoo
mine also fits in the rear storage tub.. which is out of view (and where it goes) but that piece of cardboard is easily ripped out...

I wish jeep had not put the seat fold lever on top of the seat.. in my TJ's i used to have "add-a-trunk" the seat fold lever was "inside" the newly created trunk area.. worked great...
-Christopher
Tuffy makes a rear tub security cover (2dr and 4dr)...

http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-189-1...bby-cover.aspx

Old 11-23-2010, 07:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 1stjeep.ro
sorry to threadjack but, what about something to help Mount a laptop inside a JK.
RAm mount will get you going. I used the single flexible arm, my cf is a little heavy for it but it work ok.

Quick Reply: laptop storage?