Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Laser Light Bar?

Old 01-18-2012, 02:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laser Light Bar?

I was reading an article today in Popular Mechanics and there was a short bit on laser head lights in new cars such as the new BMW i8 concept car. Apparently they produce a beam of a stronger intensity then LED lights. The laser light produces 170 lumens per Watt, which is much better than LED bulbs which only produce about 100 lumens of illumination. They are also about 50% more efficient then normal headlights! Unfortunately they said you wont begin to see them until 2014. As soon as I finished reading the article I thought about the Laser Light Bar! What do you guys think?
Old 01-18-2012, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by datuna13
I was reading an article today in Popular Mechanics and there was a short bit on laser head lights in new cars such as the new BMW i8 concept car. Apparently they produce a beam of a stronger intensity then LED lights. The laser light produces 170 lumens per Watt, which is much better than LED bulbs which only produce about 100 lumens of illumination. They are also about 50% more efficient then normal headlights! Unfortunately they said you wont begin to see them until 2014. As soon as I finished reading the article I thought about the Laser Light Bar! What do you guys think?
i think you should talk to the local authorities
Old 01-18-2012, 03:43 PM
JK Freak

Apparently this is not new technology...
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	266626

Oh wait, not what you were referring to...

Quick Reply: Laser Light Bar?