Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

late to the party!

Old 07-06-2008, 02:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default late to the party!

I noticed 2 things of notable note while waxing my jeep for the first time:

(did I get it shiny enough?)

1. I dislocated my rear passenger side fender somewhat. Are some tiny little orange plastic thingy's really what's holding it on?

2. I too, like the throngs of hordes of multitudes of other victims of Chrysler motors, am missing paint around my door and hood hinges. I never noticed that closely before. Again, I doubt my next vehicle will be from this company.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:11 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very shiney! I did a good clean-up of mine today, the paint was filthy with tar and other gunk that doesn't just wash off.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The rig looks great dude! I love a shiny vehicle!
Old 07-06-2008, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lots of desert brush scratches to deal with this summer (off season) any suggestions on rub out procedures
Old 07-06-2008, 07:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by oZmonKey
I noticed 2 things of notable note while waxing my jeep for the first time:

(did I get it shiny enough?)

1. I dislocated my rear passenger side fender somewhat. Are some tiny little orange plastic thingy's really what's holding it on?

2. I too, like the throngs of hordes of multitudes of other victims of Chrysler motors, am missing paint around my door and hood hinges. I never noticed that closely before. Again, I doubt my next vehicle will be from this company.
Did you intend to wax off your Jeep emblem on the front of the grill?

looks great!
Old 07-06-2008, 10:38 PM
JK Super Freak

It looks nice! I love to play in the dirt with the Jeep but I spent a lot of $$$ on it. I like to keep it new looking, it makes me feel special driving it. So after wheelin' it usually gets a bath and cleans up real nice. I'm proud of my Jeep and how it looks. You have a great looking rig there.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Rub61;
I use Meguire's Scratch-X, followed by their paint cleaner, then the polish and finally their gold class wax. Lastly you could add their Yellow wax for the final clearcoat finish. Lots of elbow grease.
Mopar sells scratch and polishing products but it is all made by Meguire's and Meguire's is cheaper!
Also as a general grat wax try Mother's cleaner/wax!
Old 07-07-2008, 04:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rub61
Lots of desert brush scratches to deal with this summer (off season) any suggestions on rub out procedures
I use the polishes and waxes from griots garage. It is time consuming, however, it takes out a lot of the scratches and other blemishes. I have been using them on all my vehicles and have been very happy with the results!
Old 07-07-2008, 06:07 PM
JK Freak

rusty hinges are a sign of age and maturity i dont know what your complaining about
Old 07-07-2008, 06:27 PM
JK Freak

There is no such thing as perfect. My jeep is priceless and I will always have one,even if I do have to deal with some issues from time to time! All who own a jeep at some point in life will be a little different for good. Owning a Jeep can change your soul.

Quick Reply: late to the party!