Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Leak Wet Front Driverside Floor

Old 10-30-2016, 11:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leak Wet Front Driverside Floor

Y Jeep recently just started getting a really wet driver side floor when it rains. I pulled the carpet and no signs of leaks. It gets wet enough to puddle the floor and I have to vacuum it up. I cleaned the freedom top seals and door seals but still can't find the leak. Front floor behind glass peddle and brake look like its never been wet. Has anyone ever ran into this ?
Old 10-30-2016, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

There's a leak diagnosis manual available on the internet that was put out by Jeep. I recently replaced a door seal (passenger side) for the same reason but of course it's not rained since then to test my fix. They've made significant improvements in the part revisions, particularly if your jeep is older.
Old 10-30-2016, 04:15 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks, it's a 2012 and just started taking in water. I am going to spray water on it this week to see if I can narrow down were the water is coming in. I will look for the info from Jeep online in the meantime. I also saw a post on a different forum but the guy made you tube videos about the passenger side leaking https://youtu.be/WBwOCfTWBP8 if your new seals dint fix it.

Last edited by rewbeez; 10-30-2016 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-30-2016, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...k8F0ko-Za69N6w

Super long link, but see if that will open the PDF for you. I appreciate the video.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

There are many posts in here about leaking doors and wet floors. My 2012 also leaks on drivers side. I discovered this just after the factory warranty ran out. I just let it be.
Old 10-30-2016, 07:41 PM
JK Newbie

In my 2012 my passenger side leaks very little if I wash it and get the seals wet or when it rains really heavily. Not enough yet to be concerned with. If mine progressively gets worse then I'll seek out a solution. Does changing the seals actually fix the problem or is there a spray seal that can be used? I noticed that a lot of people with the 2012 JK's tend be the ones with this problem.
Old 10-30-2016, 07:42 PM
JK Newbie

My 2013 leaked on the driver's side at the top of the door. It would run down along the front edge of the door and puddle on the floor. The door weather seal was replaced under warranty. The replacement seal must be a little bit thicker because the door needs a little more energy to close. No problem since the fix.
Old 10-30-2016, 07:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ed243
My 2013 leaked on the driver's side at the top of the door. The door weather seal was replaced under warranty. The replacement seal must be a little bit thicker because the door needs a little more energy to close.
So it can be fixed with the factory warranty? Because I just bought mine in July and I'm pretty sure I still have some time left on my warranty.
Old 10-31-2016, 03:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverJeepAdventures
So it can be fixed with the factory warranty? Because I just bought mine in July and I'm pretty sure I still have some time left on my warranty.
warranty should cover it as long as it is within 3 yrs from the first time the vehicle was sold, or 36,000 miles, whichever is sooner.

Quick Reply: Leak Wet Front Driverside Floor