Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Lease turn in

Old 10-19-2012, 12:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy if your going to modify........

one thing I learned

Remember this! your doing the dealer a favor by taking a vehicle off thier lot. They are not doing you a favor .....dealerships have to order so many cars per month if they want to remain a dealership....they place cas as per thier location.....your in an upscale location you order more loaded vehicles......who wants roll up windows and 16 steel rims, leater and all the toys......your in a less financial area 40k plus are harder to sale.

Pick a JK you like......BE reasonable your not gtting a fully loaded sahara or Bubi for 25K...lol......if your going to mod get most base model...unless you want power windows.....

Good luck
Old 10-20-2012, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I leased my '08 Rubi, I called Chrysler Financial and asked them about mods. I was told that modifications are seen as neutral equipment by them. He did say that if you put a lift, bumpers, tires, armor on it and trade it in with all that, that it wouldn't help your return number, (unless the dealer was going to work something out with you), but what I, (or you in this case), had to be aware of is that if my mods were 'heavily used', i.e. low tread on tires, dents, scuffs/scratches on bumpers and armor, it would be considered the same as if those marks were on the jeep directly. So if you wheel it halfway hard, and hand it in a little banged up even with your $5k in added protection, it was a hit against you, and you paid the foregoing penalty for it.

Quick Reply: Lease turn in