Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Leftover 2017 JK Pricing?

Old 11-11-2018, 06:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leftover 2017 JK Pricing?

I found an untitled 2017 JK Willys 2 door on a local lot. Sticker was $32K (+tax and title) and change plus $600 for a dealer installed back up camera. The color and options are right. They have it marked down to $29,988. That feels high to me due to it being almost two model years old. I'm trying to determine if the price is right. I'm not sure how to factor in the age and the model refresh with the JL. What's a reasonable counter offer? I'm also in the same boat with a fairly loaded 2017 JKU Chief. Sticker was about $40K. They were offering it for $34K + tax and title. My third option is order whatever I want at %5 under invoice.2017 JK 2 door

Included Packages

Quick Order Package 23W Willys Wheeler
  • Wheels: 17" x 7.5" High Gloss Black Willys
  • 4-Wheel Drive Swing Gate Decal
  • Air Conditioning
  • Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
  • Black Jeep Grille Badge
  • Connectivity Group
  • Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows
  • Jeep Trail Rated Kit
  • Tires: LT255/75R17C BSW Off Road
  • MOPAR Slush Mats
  • Performance Suspension
  • Rear Passenger Assist Handles Kit
  • Rock Rails
  • SIRIUS Satellite Radio
  • Willys Hood Decal
  • Willys Wheeler Grille
  • Willys Wheeler Package
  • 1-Yr SiriusXM Radio Service
  • For More Info Call 888-539-7474
Black 3-Piece Hard Top
  • Delete Sunrider Soft Top
  • Freedom Panel Storage Bag
  • Rear Window Defroster
  • Rear Window Wiper/Washer
Trailer Tow Group
  • Class II Receiver Hitch
  • Trailer Tow w/4-Pin Connector Wiring
Included Options

Engine: 3.6L V6 24V VVT

Transmission: 6-Speed Manual

Cloth Seats w/Adjustable Head Restraints

Connectivity Group

Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel

Remote USB Port

Tire Pressure Monitoring Display

Uconnect Voice Command w/Bluetooth

Vehicle Information Center

50 State Emissions
Old 11-11-2018, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

If you don't buy it at that price someone else will. Jeeps hold their value well...I paid $32k for my '17 JKU brand new, I also think buying brand new cars it dumb because they typically loose 25% of their value the second you drive off the lot. Jeeps are different. At the time I bought mine, the used dealership the next lot over had two '15s. One was optioned exactly like the new one I was looking at, same color and everything. It was 2 years old and had 30,000 miles on it. That dealer had it marked at $31,500. I recently traded in my '17 JKU with 44,000 miles on it. The dealer gave me $27k trade in value and has it listed for $29k.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:06 PM
JK Newbie

The dealer called me today and asked if I wanted it because they had a dealer trade request. We were about $1000 apart on pricing so I told him to go ahead. I thought that he might offer to split the difference but he didn't.
Old 11-14-2018, 07:07 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

I can’t believe there is still a brand new ’17 sitting on a lot somewhere.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

I bought mine new in March, fully loaded Rubicon Unlimited, for $39K. I thought that was a good price considering all the used 1-2yr old Jeeps I was looking at were still going for $35K+ at the time. There were no discounts or incentives on Wranglers at that time either.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:38 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by hivoltagedriver
I bought mine new in March, fully loaded Rubicon Unlimited, for $39K. I thought that was a good price considering all the used 1-2yr old Jeeps I was looking at were still going for $35K+ at the time. There were no discounts or incentives on Wranglers at that time either.
The dealer called me yesterday and tried to crank up the pressure. First it was "We have a couple of customers that are on the fence...better hurry!" A couple of hours later it was "The manager has a dealer trade lined up!!!". I decided to let it simmer for a week and see if they still have it in stock. There is dealer a little over an hour from here that has a reputation for doing 5% under invoice on almost any order. That's my backup plan. There is also a new 2017 Rhino/White JKU Chief that I have been watching. If they drop the price again I'll probably snatch that up if I can get over the white top.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:38 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

Originally Posted by Bladebringer
Hi guys. I want to make a gift to my grandpa for him birthday. I choose car for him. What can advise?
He'd probably enjoy a Bugatti Veyron.

Quick Reply: Leftover 2017 JK Pricing?