Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Lets see them ..... strollers?

Old 08-10-2015, 09:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lets see them ..... strollers?

So planning a cross country camping trip to B.C. Last time the wife and I went the Jeep was loaded to the roof. Now we have a 9 month old and I'm pretty good at Tetris but now with one more occupied seat it's gonna be tight. No roof rack yet and the only thing that I'm worried about is this massive jogging stroller that takes up the cargo area by itself.
Let's see some creative ways to pack this extra item.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3947109158.png
Views:	194
Size:	2.53 MB
ID:	621102

Ya just a little bigger than my dishwasher.

if you can read this, my Jeep is broken....
Old 08-11-2015, 01:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Your best bet would be to pick up one of those little cheapo strollers that fold up very small. I know they aren't ideal, but it'll work
Especially if you have a 2door. I don't see anyway you'll safely pack everything if that jogger is coming along.
Or you could flat tow the stroller. Haha

Last edited by jrod250; 08-11-2015 at 01:52 AM.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:01 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

We have a stroller that size, and it does take up some space. When we're cramped for space then we take one of the smaller umbrella strollers. They're not as convenient however, if you're doing any family exploring because you can throw the other essentials like diapers, wipes, bottle, food in the under carriage basket of the stroller and you'll definitely want that with a 9 month. Not to mention those smaller wheels on the umbrellas on top of camp site soil.

What I did for camping to gain more space for stuff is purchase this guy:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...s=#post1887433

You can easily fit a stroller, a large cooler and any other camping gear essentials on it. It works great too, if you need to make a run to load up some fire wood for the camp site. Keeps the wood, bark, and bugs out of the inside of your Jeep.

Heck I even used it to pick up my 65" Samsung TV because it wouldn't fit inside the Jeep while in the box. It's definitely a worth while investment for gaining extra cargo space. I have never felt the need to have a roof rack when having this available and the roof rack seems like it would restrict me from taking the top off and that's no fun.

Last edited by Rednroll; 08-11-2015 at 02:24 AM.
Old 08-11-2015, 07:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a bike carrier! We loaded up my JKU with me, wife and 2 kids. We took my son's big 4 wheel stroller and hung it from the bike rack

Quick Reply: Lets see them ..... strollers?