Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

'Life is Good' logos/tire covers - I don't get it...

Old 02-12-2011, 12:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MarbleheadGuy
So I've had this discussion with a couple people I know - what's the deal with the 'Life is Good' thing?? I know it's not just for Jeeps, but that seems to be the core demographic. Now they have shops as well - saw one in Newburyport and also in Portsmouth. What is the message besides the obvious? Or, as my buddy suggested, the underlining meaning is more of 'my life is amazing/great and I want you to know that'. ie bragging.

In my humble opinion, I think the whole fad is beyond lame, not to mention ugly and cheesy. Again, I'm not ripping on people who dig it, I just don't get it and would love some insight into why you feel the need to spend money on an obvious statement and adorn your Jeep with it...
Sounds like you need to check out lifeiscrap.com. No tire covers yet,
Old 02-12-2011, 05:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like there t-shirts and I like the Saying.. it's part on how one views life in general I think.
there are so many things to trash but why.. it gets old ... I like the saying and if there was a cool 'life is good' tire cover I would buy it... No I don't brag about anything and I am sure lots of people life is better so I highly doubt it's about bragging..

Last year coming home from RAGBRAI are Blazer was broken into in Colo springs, and it sucked..... we covered it with some cardboard my daughter drew the life is good dude on it and off we drove... what do you do... being pissed off forever doesn't help.... we just had a great week riding the RAGBRAI for the first time so Life is Good...

they also support charities with some of the profits..
It's a Jeep Thing! Life is Good!

that's why I like it... helps me leave the crap behind...... you asked.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how about before you start bashing something, do a search online and find out what it is about.

I buy their products for many reasons, but one HUGE reason is because a large percentage of the money goes to childrens charities. The Life is good Kids Foundation has helped raise $6 million plus over the years for children that have been subjected to violence, illness, and poverty. So before you start talking crap of hippies, yuppies, and such, do your research!!

Last edited by captjay; 02-13-2011 at 05:06 AM.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for example:

"Life is good has received many memorable and moving letters over the years from people who feel a special bond with our products and the simple, optimistic messages they carry. This has been especially true of people who face great adversity. Providing hope and relief in a time of adversity was the motivation for Life is good's first significant fundraising effort following the tragedy of September 11, 2001.

The public's overwhelming response to our American flag tees enabled us to make a $207,000 donation to the United Way on behalf of families whose loved ones were victims of the terrorist attacks. That experience enabled us to see more clearly the opportunity to have a sustained, positive impact through charitable giving. Good, old-fashioned outdoor festivals seemed just right for our brand and our values. "

now for those who have said something, tell me again about your opinions on hippies and yuppies and how the "Life is Good" is lame and cheesy as some of you have so eloquently stated.

Last edited by captjay; 02-13-2011 at 01:52 AM.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

My wife adopted the Life is Good theme after having a liver transplant last year. She has quite a few shirts and she wears them all the time. To her, life is very good. And to me, life is very good.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Has anyone seen the "wife is good" t-shirts? They're priceless!
Old 02-13-2011, 05:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

here I thought it was advertising slogan for 'LG' products.. everytime i turn on my washing machine it says 'Life's Good' on its screen.. I never realized till now its a totally different thing.. LOL
-Christopher
Old 02-13-2011, 10:04 AM
JK Jedi

yeah.......I had no idea what it actually was as well. But it's never bothered me that for sure....
Old 02-14-2011, 08:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Wow didn't notice all the replies on this thread over the weekend. Lots of hating on me and my OPINION is kind of uncalled for. For the record, my life is awesome or 'good' even. Not a complaint in the world! I just don't like that stupid brand, so sue me. And in response to those implying I'm insensitive because of the charitable aspect of 'Life is Good' - I don't care. That's like saying you must like U2 because Bono gives so much to charity. I personally donate a good amount of money to various organizations every year BECAUSE my life is so good. I don't just buy a sticker.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MarbleheadGuy
Wow didn't notice all the replies on this thread over the weekend. Lots of hating on me and my OPINION is kind of uncalled for. For the record, my life is awesome or 'good' even. Not a complaint in the world! I just don't like that stupid brand, so sue me. And in response to those implying I'm insensitive because of the charitable aspect of 'Life is Good' - I don't care. That's like saying you must like U2 because Bono gives so much to charity. I personally donate a good amount of money to various organizations every year BECAUSE my life is so good. I don't just buy a sticker.
You don't buy a sticker saying it, you just post it on internet forums.

Quick Reply: 'Life is Good' logos/tire covers - I don't get it...