Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Lift Kits

Old 07-16-2013, 04:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old Man Emu makes a nice 2". Awesome ride, strong, capable. No regrets.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

I've heard good things about Old Man Emu, but whats the thoughts on AEV, just looking at all my options
Old 07-16-2013, 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tman626
I've heard good things about Old Man Emu, but whats the thoughts on AEV, just looking at all my options
I went from a teraflex 2.5" coil lift to an AEV 3.5" night and day difference. The AEV kit rides so much better, better then stock I'd say. The teraflex with 5100s wasn't horrible, but doesn't come close to comparing the my AEV
Old 07-16-2013, 06:04 PM
JK Newbie

I have the AEV 3.5 and LOVE IT. it is excellent lift all around. expensive yes but well worth it in my opinion. my rig rides like a caddy. so their 2 inch lift has to be just at good. I have heard the RE is top notch but i'm stuck on AEV now that i have some of their parts. my 2 cents
Old 07-16-2013, 06:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by evoviii2jk
I went from a teraflex 2.5" coil lift to an AEV 3.5" night and day difference. The AEV kit rides so much better, better then stock I'd say. The teraflex with 5100s wasn't horrible, but doesn't come close to comparing the my AEV
^^^yup someone agrees!
Old 07-16-2013, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IslandJeeper

^^^yup someone agrees!
I ended up with almost all AEV parts. 3.5" dual sport RS lift, front and rear bumpers with tire carrier, and corner guards, along with a few other things
Old 07-29-2013, 02:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Yellowfin
I disagree on the RK kits. I've been running mine for about 2 years now and haven't noticed any sag at all, even after adding front & rear bumpers, 37" spare, GenRight steel tire carrier, etc. I have no complaints at all about Rock Krawler parts. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't change a thing.
That's interesting. Maybe it's because I have the 3.5 inch kit that is progressive rate in front and straight rate in the rear. Right now in the rear I have a 1.25" spacer and that was just to make the Jeep level. And I have a light weight carrier, stock rear bumper, and a 34" tire on the back. So if I had a different set up, the difference would probably be 2" from front to back. BUT going back to the point, they make great products and I don't have a regret buying Rock Krawler. I won't buy them again though, as I'm going to put my money toward the Metal Cloak Game Changer and then some diapers after I wet myself the first time I take it out.

Quick Reply: Lift Kits