JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   LoD has stiffed me on my lower skid plate ! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/lod-has-stiffed-me-my-lower-skid-plate-200484/)

highoctane 10-18-2011 03:54 PM

Way to give them a chance.

JeepApex 10-18-2011 06:49 PM

Report them to better business bureau? Really??? All because they didn't get the part to you EXACTLY when you wanted??

Unbelievable dude.

I've ordered a stubby rear bumper/tire carrier AND rock sliders from them. They both took a long time to get to me. But after installing the parts was I pissed? Not at all. LoD is top notch and damn near impossible to beat in my opinion, even if it does take them a long time to build the part that I ordered from them.

Take some Valium and watch a shitty TV show until the part gets in...

jsears 10-18-2011 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by MFX (Post 2596613)
If they haven't taken the necessary measures to improve their products and customer service by now, they never will.

What needs improving on their products? :thinking:

MFX 10-19-2011 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by jsears

What needs improving on their products? :thinking:

After 4 mths the powder coat started flaking off my sliders, missing hardware, one mounting hole on the slider didn't line up with the hole on the jeeps frame rail. I didn't post for the hell of it...I have my reasons for not being satisfied

Cunnart 10-19-2011 05:21 AM

Yes but if you don't post supporting reasons you just sound like your ranting for no reason.

AgtSunshine 10-20-2011 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Imposter_LRF (Post 2596731)
Agreed. And their products are bad ass! Look great and strong as hell :thumbsup:

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/q...1/DSC_0018.jpg

Ummm...I was there wehn this was taken and I know something about how that mud got there :yup:

Imposter_LRF 10-21-2011 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by AgtSunshine

Ummm...I was there wehn this was taken and I know something about how that mud got there :yup:

Hence the strong as Hell portion cause I really didn't feel it :)

AgtSunshine 10-21-2011 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Imposter_LRF (Post 2602430)
Hence the strong as Hell portion cause I really didn't feel it :)

I'm leaning towards their back bumper right now.

I'm thinking order in February, have it by April :thinking:

Side note: Planning a build is harder than I thought (so many decisions).

Imposter_LRF 10-22-2011 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by AgtSunshine (Post 2604261)
I'm leaning towards their back bumper right now.

I'm thinking order in February, have it by April :thinking:

Side note: Planning a build is harder than I thought (so many decisions).

This is definitely true Sunshine.

When I ordered my rear, they were on severe backorder. However, if you give them a call during the week, I am sure they will let you know what the lead time is. They were straight up with me when I ordered mine. Do it over the phone though. A lot of people will just order online and expect that the thing will just get shipped when they click "Buy" and get pissed when it takes a while.

I absolutely love my LoD rear bumper. If I were to do it again, I would get it linked with my tailgate though to make life easier. Back up lights are SUPER bright and absolutely necessary. The stock backup lights are weaksauce. These are like headlights IMO. Also, the bumper is rock solid. I have, and I have seen mscedro2 do this as well, dropped my rear end off a rock and the bumper landed directly on it and nothing more than a scratch in the powdercoat.

My only concern with these bumpers front and rear is that I dont think I have enough side protection if someone T-Bones me! If they hit me head on or in the rear, I doubt much will happen to the Jeep, but their car will be messed up...bad!

Lucas 11-02-2011 05:11 PM

I'm wondering do the bolts and spacers come with the bumper of separate. I ordered a sig short with stinger 10/18 receive wench plate 10/31. Bumper on 11/1 and waiting on hardware and skid plate for same. Sucks having bumper with no bolts to mount it.