Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

LoD, wwhere is my bumper?

Old 08-23-2010, 02:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My opinion, fwiw...

I understand that sometimes products/services don't turn out perfect the first time, and I think it's important to report the good and the bad on forums like this so we can learn about these very small market specialized products. But you have to take in all the information available. The positive reports on LOD that I've seen all over the net, and the complete rebuild of this equipment under warranty convinced me to go ahead with a planned purchase from LOD. Chris was very responsive to my email and phone calls regarding a custom modification I needed to one of his front bumpers - I'm confident it will be a fine product and he'll back it up if there are any issues that come up.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad I found this thread. I've been considering two front bumpers, rock hard or lod, this does make it harder but its good to know ahead of time what I might be to expect. Seems like lod should hire a Pr person and make customer service as good as their products seem to be. I run a small business and in a competitive field and it's our customer service and commitment to our clients that keep us afloat in these tough times. You just can't be a small business and overlook that detail. I still may buy the lod bumper though. As far as rust and powdercoat, it looks like you can upgrade the powdercoating on their site for like 90.00. Probably worth it.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:01 AM
JK Super Freak

LOD is well worth it, I just had the signature shorty installed and am amazed at the build quality. I'm certain the frame welds on the jeep would break before this bumper. David at Northrdige stocks LOD, so it's possible to get something without waiting....
Old 01-13-2012, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Since this thread revived I'll post up my experience. All good - I've had the bumper thru half of one Winter and this Winter. Had it on my 2011 and removed it; then put it on my 2012. No problems. A lot of liquid salt on the roads here so if something's going to rust easily it happens and quick. Lifted the carrier off by myself several times (on and off the original install, on the new install, on and off the new install again because I pinched the light wires and had to re-install the whole works to un-pinch them ), never saw any water running out of it or signs of deterioration. Came off easily it's just a little tricky to not bind it on the pin.

Of course 1 year isn't a long time but so far so good. Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: LoD, wwhere is my bumper?