Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Loud Air Horns?

Old 10-10-2011, 08:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im with you with wanting to be the worst jeep you've ever been cut off some B!T@# in a lifted 4runner ran right into my line what did I have prepared for her? I got to air horns (one for me and my girl) and my jeep horn man did we let her have it! I see the 4runner in traffic and she comes no where near me! stupid 4runners!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon1024
Go to w w w.hornblasters.com they have a lot of good ones that are EXTREMELY LOUD. I want to get one too and I want to be able to use the compressor to air up after a run... Idk if its possible though... Does anyone know if its possible? if so post specific model. Dont wanna spend a fortune though.
I've done a lot of research on air horns along with posted a few threads on this.

You can essentially buy any kit from hornblasters and would just run two lines from the air tank (one for airing tires and one for air horns).

Know that hornblasters kits are viair kits with horns and a pressure switch. If you have an on board kit or can find one some where else, you can always buy the train horns from hornbalsters with plumbing and pressure switch.

To run air horns you need a tank, no matter what.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:42 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 09GRNJK
I've done a lot of research on air horns along with posted a few threads on this.

You can essentially buy any kit from hornblasters and would just run two lines from the air tank (one for airing tires and one for air horns).

Know that hornblasters kits are viair kits with horns and a pressure switch. If you have an on board kit or can find one some where else, you can always buy the train horns from hornbalsters with plumbing and pressure switch.

To run air horns you need a tank, no matter what.
Im aware I need a tank no matter what for the horns. Im just not familiar with tanks and stuff... So If i were to get the good (cheapest of the good,better,best line) for like 300 what else would I have to do in order to air up with it? From what people have said im guessing its a big enough tank to do it
Old 10-11-2011, 12:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by r3cluse
Do you get much delay with the long line from the pump?
yes about 1 second you press the button and hear the motor start up then it makes its noise. but the delay is only 1 second

Wolo makes all different horns.. if i had the money i would have gotten one of the train horns
Old 10-11-2011, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

The firetruck we have at work has a crazy loud horn! Sounds like the horn they use when the Bruins score a goal. I need to get under the hood and find out what it is. This would be perfect for the Jeep. Makes me jump and I'm the one pushing the button.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:33 PM
MFX
JK Super Freak

Where's the "this threads worthless without sound clips" icon???

Those of you with upgraded horns, post a sound clip. Here's mine, it's nothing that will bust an ear drum but it gets the job done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vBzkN8ByVo

Quick Reply: Loud Air Horns?