Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mags........

Old 01-22-2007, 03:03 PM
HEK
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mags........

So before buying the Rubi, I have been car guy forever and having "cars" I subscribed to Motortrend, Sport Compact Car, Honda Tuning and Modified Mag....now I just picked up the last issue of 4x4 Mag to read an article on the Rubicon but I'm not sure if I should subscribe to it.
Any suggestions on what's a good mag to read on a monthly basis.....(BTW Playboy , Hustler, Penthouse...etc, not for this guy)

HEK
Old 01-22-2007, 03:47 PM
JK Super Freak

JP is the only one I need.

But I subscribe to JP, Petersen's, Off Road Adventures, PC World, PC Mag, and EW, and pick up the occasional Four Wheeler. Oh, and I still get a free subscription to GQ, R&T, C&D, and MT.

BTW, for those of you not aware, www.slickdeals.net has free mag subscriptions from time to time, and is a great source of the hottest daily deals on crap you don't need.

Last edited by Phishjeep; 01-22-2007 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JP magazine is a good Jeep specific magazine that I subscribe to.

Click here

Edit: Looks like Phish beet me to it
Old 01-22-2007, 04:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4 Wheel Drive and Sport Utility magazine has a lot of rock crawling stuff and Jeeps seem to be their main focus. JP is good because it is Jeep specific, but it used to only get published every 2 months. Anyone know if this has changed?
Old 01-22-2007, 04:28 PM
JK Jedi Master

I only get JP.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

4WD & Sport Utility will have more real world tech on the JK than most magazines. They have the Rescue Green JK that has been in all the Full Traction and Pure Jeep advertisements. They also seem to focus on stuff that the average person would do to there vehicle. I know they have a ton of tech stuff on the way. http://www.4wdandsportutility.com/

I also subscribe to JP but a lot of the stuff they cover is on old or beat to death Jeeps. Will be interesting to see what they do with John Cappa's (editor) Jk he just purchased. The other thing is their sense of humor. You will either like it or hate it.

Other mags = too little Jeep coverage

Quick Reply: Mags........