Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

"Mall Crawler vs. Rock Crawler"

Old 02-03-2013, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GJeep

Actually, as the jeep contacts ground on 4 small areas of rubber -- which determine the grip, regardless of whether you "mall" or "off-mall" -- this is THE most important mod...
I second that! You can have a "mall crawler" with no mods. Just think of all the soccer moms . Rock crawler can be stock too....all that matters is how you use it.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:11 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
I prefer it lower so cant call it a mall crawler though im not dropping off rocks and going up to my sills in water and mud still like to see others do that but if I wanted that id buy a atv my jeep is to get me around and get me to the spots I cant get with a car or truck with out getting stuck yet I don't need a lift.
tires were my first mod wich lead to tire carriers and bumpers im trying to stop at that but I might need springs due to front bumper if I add a winch ill need more spring rate I only go to the mall when I need something I live in the mountains of nh call it what you will I had a 2011 sport traded it for a rubicon did I have to no . but life is easyer for me not having to regear and replace my axles and add elec disco better shocks you know and also have to constantly bring it in and pay a mechanic and downtime if that's conciderd a mall crawler I realy don't care ! I got stuck with my rubicon and couldn't get out in 4 lo tried rockin it . rememberd I had lockers and hit the button . presto it was like a helecoptor tied on to me I was out in a second . To me that's why I bought the rubicon over another sport . to much agrivation with a sport when all I needed was low transfer gear , and stronger axles and buttons, without getting out
rock sliders on the lower doors, 410 gearing, ac wich my sport didn't have . I have been to the mall but I don't crawl there , I prefer the back dirt roads but not destroying my investment
My blue Rubicon is stock except for the 35"s and rack. My hubby drives that one and he uses it for work He does a lot of traveling and hauling large packages. Most of his jobs are in the mountains/woods and he has had no problems getting stuck at all. We live in Denver area so it's BIG mountains & woods. Don't worry about what other people say about your Jeep!! They don't make the payments. Do what you're comfortable with
Old 02-03-2013, 07:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Jeeepgirl

I got rid of my lifted truck im 48 I im off road weather I like it or not lol living in the woods but I don't realy hear mines a mall crawler anyway ! I use it the way I see fit and add what I like but lifted high isn't required been there beforeAttachment 417744 putting a lift on dosent realy take you much further if your axles are down low lol they seem to bang anyway

Last edited by jeepmojo; 02-05-2013 at 06:06 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:20 AM
JK Newbie

I got rid of my lifted truck im 48 I im off road weather I like it or not lol living in the woods but I don't realy hear mines a mall crawler anyway ! I use it the way I see fit and add what I like but lifted high isn't required been there beforeAttachment 417744 putting a lift on dosent realy take you much further if your axles are down low lol they seem to bang anyway
Is that your truck you got rid of ?? It was sweet! How long ago was that taken?

Last edited by jeeepgirl; 02-03-2013 at 07:22 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default yeh i had 6 inch lift

but funny though everyone was like( let me know if you ever want to get rid of it !) I mean yes it rolled over stuff easyer but I actually like my rubicon unlifted better always wonderd about owning a jeep
there was something that seemed to fit me better about a jeep yet never bought one ! ill say this
if Chrysler dosent improve there quality control and service I will return to a truck next round but hell for right now the rubicon is doing its job well but ( I wonder about the ticking they call normal )

Last edited by jeepmojo; 02-03-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:37 AM
JK Newbie

but funny though everyone was like( let me know if you ever want to get rid of it !) I mean yes it rolled over stuff easyer but I actually like my rubicon unlifted better always wonderd about owning a jeep
there was something that seemed to fit me better about a jeep yet never bought one ! ill say this
if Chrysler dosent improve there quality control and service I will return to a truck next round but hell for right now the rubicon is doing its job well but ( I wonder about the ticking they call normal ) last year pic before I got rid of it
What ticking?? I've never heard any ticking?Wait my hubby said he heard some the other day and and turned it off and on and it went away.. The 3.8 burns oil..check that.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

if Chrysler dosent improve there quality control and service I will return to a truck next round but hell for right now the rubicon is doing its job well but ( I wonder about the ticking they call normal ) last year pic before I got rid of it
Next thing people will be telling you to lift your bike...LOL!!!
Old 02-03-2013, 07:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeeepgirl
Next thing people will be telling you to lift your bike...LOL!!!
This is me.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	573.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	417754  
Old 02-03-2013, 08:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jeeepgirl
Guys do??? What is the first thing us girls do?? Think hard before answering..lol
Here are my Jeeps.....what do you think I did first???
Well, that's obvious, by the pictured evidence --
The first thing you did was to sit on it...
Then, you painted it...
Old 02-03-2013, 08:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Build it how you want. But there are those who try to turn it into something it is not meant to be. Lowering and slick speed rated tires on a jeep is like putting 40" mudders on a lifted Ferrari. It can be done, but why?
At that point, an incorrect vehicle choice as the base chassis was made.

Last edited by BlackRockBurner; 02-03-2013 at 08:41 AM.

Quick Reply: "Mall Crawler vs. Rock Crawler"