Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Manual or automatic.....

Old 11-26-2011, 02:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for even more input guys...Still would love to hear more.....
Old 11-29-2011, 12:26 PM
JK Newbie

thanks again...keep the replies coming please.........JIM
Old 11-29-2011, 12:51 PM
JK Super Freak

You should both test drive the auto and the manual and see what you think. My first Jeep was a manual. The next two were autos. For the fourth one, I decided I wanted to go back to a manual, because my autos never wanted to shift when I wanted them to, and seemed to be lacking in power compared to the manual. Well it was a great idea, except that I absolutely hated driving the manual. So now Jeep number five is an auto again. While the auto still frustrates me at times, overall I like it much better. It's better for off-roading, better in stop and go traffic, and really, just better for me. But that doesn't mean a manual wouldn't work for you. So definitely try both before you buy.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:59 PM
JK Freak

I love my manual first jeep(Tj) was a manual as well i also have had manuals in cars. Nothing to me can compare to you shifting gears or to me feel like you are driving the jeep instead of just pressing the gas pedal and steering(No offense to you auto guys). Manuals to me are just more technical do i get tired sometimes of shifting, sometimes yes when im really tired or feeling lazy haha but overall i wouldn't trade it for the world. I dont have to worry about my trans over heating or it not shifting right

It all boils down to what you want and prefer, like others have said test drive them both and then go from there
Old 11-29-2011, 01:03 PM
JK Freak

Yeah definitely personal preference... I love driving my manual CJ7, but for wheelin' (for ease of concentrating on the trail) and for daily driver I prefer auto... There's my
Old 11-29-2011, 01:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Manual. You just have to know how to use it properly, and you can get better results than an auto. It is this way with any vehicle - gear ratios aside.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MrDillClinton
Manual. You just have to know how to use it properly, and you can get better results than an auto. It is this way with any vehicle - gear ratios aside.
^^^Totally agree. Also, there is just nothing like driving a manual jeep. Takes me back to learning to drive on my uncle's CJ. Driving an auto would be about like only taking half the top off and not the full thing. You gotta go with the full experience!

Quick Reply: Manual or automatic.....