Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Marathon Superhides Seat Covers. Who's got 'em???

Old 01-04-2009, 01:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marathon Superhides Seat Covers. Who's got 'em???

I've been looking for some seat covers to cover my khaki seats for a while now. I searched alot and read a lot of post of people swearing about Wet Okole's. But, neoprene just aint my thing. I like how the marathon seat covers are made of cordura nylon. I just want to know if anyone has these seat covers? If so, how's the fit, quality, durability, and comfort? It would seem like that fabric would be kinda rough. I got my eye on the Advantage Max-4 Superhides for the front and rear. The next option I'm looking at are the Hatchie Bottom seat covers. I had them in my last truck and they fit and looked great. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

I can't speak for the JK's, but I've got them on my 06 TJ and they fit great. They're not absolutely perfect, but they're about as close as you can get. They are very durable and are good quality as well. Mine have started to fade slightly after being exposed to 2 Tennessee summers, but water still beads up and rolls off of them. The people at Marathon are very helpful and will send you sample pieces of the fabric in different colors and patterns for you to decide on, just give them a call.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:36 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks TennJeep! I figured that most camo colors would probably fade a little after a while. I'll take your advice and call them up for some fabric samples.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:50 AM
JK Newbie

You're welcome. Glad I could help. I plan on getting a JK soon, so I've been hanging around this forum for a while. I just haven't had anything to contribute until now. I'd also like to mention that I like the cordura nylon much better than neoprene. Water beads up and rolls off the nylon instead of being soaked up by the neoprene and the nylon is much stronger/puncture resistant than neoprene as well.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just got 5 swatches from Marathon and you are right the water just rolls right off. I poured an entire glass of water and it just kept rolling off the material barley soaked in. The material is fairly tough almost like a super fine grain sand paper.

The issue I have with Marathon is that they advertise a 3-4 week lead time on making the covers. All the other guys are at 5-10 days tops.

TennJeep - How long did it take for yours to arrive?
Old 01-06-2009, 08:39 PM
JK Newbie

I ordered my seat covers on May 2, 2007. I can't remember specifically what lead time they told me, but this picture was taken on May 15 and I had already recieved and installed them. (BTW, if you don't have pockets on the back of your seats, be sure to add them when you order the covers. They don't cost much extra and they come in handy, especially if you have a 2-door JK or a TJ like mine with very limited storage space)

Old 01-07-2009, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was reading something about a pistol pocket in their brochure, do you have this?
Old 01-07-2009, 06:43 AM
JK Newbie

I'm assuming that the pistol pocket you're refering to is the pocket that they offer that is behind your knees on the front of the seat, but I'm not sure it is the same thing. I decided against the front pocket option, but I can't remember why I did.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oh I was gonna ask, why is there an X on that TJ?
Old 01-08-2009, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JohnnyRubicon
Oh I was gonna ask, why is there an X on that TJ?
The X trim level came out in 2002... It replaced the Sport trim.

Quick Reply: Marathon Superhides Seat Covers. Who's got 'em???