Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Missing Soft Top parts/side rails?

Old 07-19-2009, 09:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing Soft Top parts/side rails?

So I bought my new 2008 4 door Sahara last month which came with the Dual top package and finally had the oppotunity to take the hard top off today! Top's off is awesome! My dilemma is with the soft top that came with it. I'm pretty sure it's not the Sunrider though. The soft top was already attached in the back and securely packaged. I unwrapped it and brought it up over the Jeep to discover that there are no top rails or side rails at the doors for the soft top to attach to so it just balances up there flapping around. AND, it didn't come with any windows?!?

I bought this 2008 JK from a Jeep dealership.....shouldn't a new Jeep that has the "dual top" feature come with all the necessary parts to install the soft top? Do I seriously have to buy side/door rails and windows separately? Or did the dealer screw me out of these parts? Shouldn't the dealership owe me the side/top rails and soft windows for my new dual top.

Thanks for any input.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There should have been two boxes that contained the door surrounds and the back windows. You should go back to your dealer and complain. They were probably removed to give them to someone else that "lost theirs"

Seems like this has been happening now and then.

Quick Reply: Missing Soft Top parts/side rails?