Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mistakes and the perfect Jeep

Old 07-16-2008, 12:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mistakes and the perfect Jeep

1. Reluctantly, I have to admit I have learned more from my mistakes than I ever had from my successes. So everyone please be humble so we can all learn from the mistakes we have made in an effort to create the perfect off-road vehicle.
2. List what you would consider the perfect Jeep should money be of no concern because most of us don’t have (More Money Than A Mule Can Pack), we make concessions. List Engine, Lift, Tires, Wheels, Bumpers, Lights, & Doo-Dads. (I realize that all of our needs may be different so figure it as and all round rig.)

My mistake: The stock market. All my future mods went down the drain. At least for awhile. At least I am glad I got the Rubicon.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check these rigs out. I would def have them at the highest on my list as far as being perfect goes.

http://www.offroadevolution.com/proj...p-gallery2.php
Old 07-16-2008, 01:33 PM
JK Freak

if it was no object

pull the axles swap in 2.5 tons with 5 ton conversion
16" coil overs custom 4link
pull the 3.8 out and wedge in a motor like this
in front of a b&j transmission
floating scs case
full roll cage out of moly
striped interior
full racing seats and harnesses
sitting on top of 60 v treads
Old 07-17-2008, 05:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Expensive Mistake #1: Buying a new Jeep as a starting point for a build up

Take the 89 YJ I sold last year as an example. Bought new. Replaced engine, manual trans, both axles, a couple of complete suspension upgrades and more. In short, the only thing left Jeep was the frame and the dented up body.
I would have saved a pile of $ by just rebuilding my old CJ

I don't learn well from my past and have repeated Mistake #1 many times. I have just done so again with my new JK

Expensive Mistake #2: Thinking 3/8 inch drive ratchets and sockets will suffice for working on my Jeeps

I've broken numerous 3/8 inch ratchets, sockets and 3/8 to 1/2 adaptors. Better to just start with all 1/2 inch drive
Old 07-17-2008, 10:43 AM
JK Super Freak

If money were no object and I were building an offroad only machine I would start with a completely custom job including frame.

Quick Reply: Mistakes and the perfect Jeep