Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mods to the seats in the JK

Old 05-02-2008, 07:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mods to the seats in the JK

Has anyone replaced the back seat with single center rear seat with a 5 point harness?

Show us your seats!
Old 05-02-2008, 08:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

replacing the seats is near the bottom of my list of things to do, if not last or even on the "optional" list. seat covers are on the list, but dunno when i'll get around to that.

the one mod i have done is remove that height adjuster handle on the drivers seat. everytime i get out, i sorta slide out instead of hoping so the seat will slowly work its way back down. i took the handle off and now the seat won't move on me. i'd take a picture and post it but i'm jeepless.

but it would be interesting to see dual bucket seats in the rear and matching ones up front.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by atomicmecha

but it would be interesting to see dual bucket seats in the rear and matching ones up front.

That I would like to see. With a console/cooler rigged between them.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:26 AM
JK Newbie

I mean only ONE seat in the back, in the middle. To keep my kid safer
and allow my 2 dogs to walk on either side of her and have access to the windows.

Possible?
Old 05-02-2008, 08:35 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JohnnyDetroit
I mean only ONE seat in the back, in the middle. To keep my kid safer
and allow my 2 dogs to walk on either side of her and have access to the windows.

Possible?
Anything's possible, if you've got the talent and/or $$$.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I did this to my old YJ. But, I needed the room. Now I have a 4 door JK and have plenty of room.
BTY - I had to drill and install new seat mounts on the floor of my YJ. No doubt this would have to be done on a JK as well, should you try this
Old 05-02-2008, 05:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was a company that would modify your rear seat in the tj's to be a 60/40 or 50/50 split or just a 1/2 seat. They altered the frame and you needed to bolt down extra hooks in the floors,, but it did work nice. I saw it in a guys TJ at the pocono camp jeep. If I find the site I'll post it..
Old 05-02-2008, 06:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Cruiser
There was a company that would modify your rear seat in the tj's to be a 60/40 or 50/50 split or just a 1/2 seat. They altered the frame and you needed to bolt down extra hooks in the floors,, but it did work nice. I saw it in a guys TJ at the pocono camp jeep. If I find the site I'll post it..
Thanks! I'll check back for the link.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Cruiser
I'd like to see how that works. I've thought of splitting a JK rear seat to make a single seat behind the passenger. I'd like to have the other room for my dog, but would still like to be able to carry 3 people.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heres one link to a write up,, http://www.rockcrawler.com/techreports/twinseats/index.asp
But that company doest seem to be around anymore

Here is the article I saw about this and the guy at camp jeep told me about,,
http://4wheeldrive.about.com/b/2005/10/19/how-to-install-twin-rear-seats-in-a-jeep-tj.htm
But again the website for the service is gone so the company folded?? But you get the idea.. The Guy in the article has a shop near me,, I'll stop in some time and ask Him if He knows if they are still around..
Steve

Last edited by wayoflifette; 05-03-2008 at 09:33 PM. Reason: edited non sponsor links

Quick Reply: Mods to the seats in the JK