Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mopar bumper no longer available????

Old 03-22-2012, 09:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar bumper no longer available????

I ordered a set of bumpers for my JK in January and was told by the dealer that there was a back order I said ok there are some other things I need to do first so I could wait. Then yesterday got a call from the dealer that said the vendor that was suppling Mopar the bumper is no longer in business. What to do???? and has anybody else heard of this???
Old 03-22-2012, 10:22 AM
JK Newbie

I had only been told that they were on back order. Figured I'd just wait until they started shipping them again, but this kind of sucks.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Hm, my bumpers could be autioned off then!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Aren't those made by Crown Automotive? I just checked their site. It's working.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Don't sweat it. Only reason I got a Mopar bumper was because Roadmaster had a set of tow brackets to fit. Lots of other great choices out there, even if you tow your Jeep.

Besides, even when they could deliver, Jeep took about 3 months to get the bumper for me.

If I had known then what I know now, I'd have gone with a different bumper. Had to drill, grind, and paint to make the Roadmaster parts fit anyway.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:52 PM
JK Newbie

The compnay is still in business, they just moved locations. The move has left them behind in manufacturing, they will begin filling back orders by the end of April.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:05 PM
JK Newbie

Edit: nevermind
Old 03-22-2012, 06:43 PM
JK Freak

I don't think Crown would be going out of business any time soon. Them along with Omix-Ada are the largest suppliers of replacement parts for CJ/YJ/TJ Jeeps.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:36 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the replies. I call the dealer and see what they were able to find out. So since the company did not go out of business and it looks like they moved to a different location and will be starting to get to the back orders in April I'll just hold tight and wait. Maybe I can get Mopar to kick in something for the inconvience? Any ideas on what I should ask for???
Old 03-28-2012, 04:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had the same issue with one I ordered back in November, by mid-January I was sick of waiting and they had no idea when it would or if it would ever show up, so I canceled it and ordered a River Raider Trail Series for about the same money as the Mopar and the Skid to go with it.
I love the River Raider, it is alot more bumper than the Mopar and also a mid-width and it has D ring mounts on it. The biggest difference is the quality of the finish, I got the powder coat option from River Raider and it is 100% better than the finish on the Mopar (I had a Mopar on my 08).

Quick Reply: Mopar bumper no longer available????