Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mopar performance upgrades?

Old 04-12-2007, 10:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar performance upgrades?

Does anyone know if Mopar is planning on making any performance upgrades for the 3.8 V6?

Headers with Y-pipe
Catback exhaust
ported intake manifold or revised design
CAI
Remapped ECU
cam
heads
etc..

i know the 3.8 is shortlived but look at all the parts for the SRT-4 and that car had a 3 year lifespan.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

SRT4 was also built for speed and factory turbo so it was a shoe in for the Mopar upgrades. Im sure eventually some parts will come out for the 3.8 but not sure it will get much further than Intake, headers, exhaust and maybe an ECU reflash.

Not sure i would want to do headers on 3.8 with exhaust. U would loose a great deal of back pressure (low end torque) and thats what we need. Without a SuperCharger i wouldnt do it. My last car, 2.7 L V6 Tiburon, when i added Headers and exhaust the low end seem to be dead and they car didnt come alive till after that 4000k rpm mark. Once i added a SC running low PSI (4) it was moving and the low restrictions on exhaust helped top end accel alot
Old 04-12-2007, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

A long tube header should that is not oversized should not lose low end torque.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

oh it will surely ont be a smog legal part. It would have a a y pipe with no cats and one with cats. I would jsut get 2 random technologies cats so I had piece of mind.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nader
A long tube header should that is not oversized should not lose low end torque.
long tube and equal length which wouldnt be hard given the way our engine sits but u got to fit it underneath with all the stuff under the jeep. Maybe some one will develop lighter weight pulleys though. a nice upper Intake Manifold would be good too with a Intake

Quick Reply: Mopar performance upgrades?