Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mopar Premium Sound and Leather Package on 2014 JK ?

Old 09-23-2013, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar Premium Sound and Leather Package on 2014 JK ?

I was just building a 2014 Rubicon on Jeep's website and I noticed a new option (or new to me) - Premium Sound and Leather by Mopar ($2,000).

Upon searching the web, I found the following detail for it:

AJC MOPAR PREMIUM SOUND AND LEATHER
Includes: 115V AUXILIARY POWER OUTLET (JKV)
ALPINE PREMIUM AUDIO SYSTEM (RC9)
HEATED FRONT SEATS (JPM)

Does that mean that the only way to get the Alpine system or the 115v power outlet in the Rubicon now is to pay for this upgrade? Or does this add a much nicer sound system, heated seats, and a second 115v jack somewhere?

I hope they aren't going to option out every single freaking thing in the Rubicon so they can pocket more cash. These things are getting outrageously priced as it is.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Don't know the answer to your question but do you buy a new JK every year???
Old 09-23-2013, 03:57 PM
JK Super Freak

You can get the alpine package as an upgrade for I think 400 with the sport s package and comes stock with the sahara. Heated seats also with the sahara. Most dealers can add heated seats for about 300 a seat after the fact. Im going that route as I don't all the sahara stuff like painted fenders for an exrta 800 when you do all the math. As for leather its bright red, eww. Also its leather in a jeep, enough said. It burns your ass in the summer and freezes it during the winter. I'm also going with power options with my s package so I can add remote start after the fact without having to buy the sahara.

Last edited by blue project; 09-23-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

If I were you I wouldn't go for it...I was super underwhelmed by the quality of the alpine stereo and actually replaced mine. Also did a leather kit and seat heaters myself. In the end it cost around $1800 for the stereo and seats and is way better quality than the dealer option...
Old 09-23-2013, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BillyJack
Don't know the answer to your question but do you buy a new JK every year???
I don't buy a new JK every year. I've had issues with my JKs - bad luck, I suppose.

2008 had minor transmission issues that bugged me so I traded it up for a like-for-like 2011 Sport, the 2011 was a lemon (massive drivetrain problems - was never modified or taken off road), 2012 had engine/trans problems (Chrysler replaced it with a 2013), traded my 2013 for the F150 I'm currently driving (my wife quit work for personal reasons, had to lose the toy). I should have kept my 2008 as it only had very slight transmission problems... but I thought the 2011 for a lower payment and full warranty was a good move. I guess it wasn't.

Also... what would it matter if I did buy a new JK every year? I truthfully haven't lost that much money in any trade that I've made with any of my JKs. Not that it's really anyone else's business but my own what I choose spend my money on.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wonder if the addition of this random package means you can only get the Alpine system and 115v plug on a Rubicon with this new $2k option... doesn't really make any sense to me that they'd do this though.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I remember when I tried to order mine there were a bunch of weird things like that and somehow I was forced into buying the auto climate control...too bad we can't make them as modular as we like (from factory) I would have loved to have some Rubi elements

Last edited by lkinmond; 09-23-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lkinmond
I remember when I tried to order mine there were a bunch of weird things like that and somehow I was forced into buying the auto climate control...too bad we can't make them as modular as we like (from factory) I would have loved to have some Rubi elements
Totally agree. They should make these things completely modular. Start with a base JK or JKU and start adding pieces. Would be brilliant.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

They can't build wranglers fast enough to keep up with the current demand. This seems like a way to keep things moving faster. It would be nice to choose every option but that would take forever to build them. Unfortunately grouping popular things together is more efficent.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MortuaR
I wonder if the addition of this random package means you can only get the Alpine system and 115v plug on a Rubicon with this new $2k option... doesn't really make any sense to me that they'd do this though.
No, it doesn't mean that at all. If you get a Rubi, you basically get the leather, and the package price goes down because the Alpine System and inverter are already standard.

Quick Reply: Mopar Premium Sound and Leather Package on 2014 JK ?