Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mother f'er

Old 03-03-2012, 10:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel stupid writing this but I feel like I was fairly warned before. I was trying to remove my shift knob to put on a different and this SOB is tough to get off! Finally I gave it one last tug and BAM that thing came flying at my face and I pretty much punched myself in the lip... I feel like an idiot haha
Old 03-03-2012, 11:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got myself good with my knife once while working on my jk. Last night while installing a new y pipe on my buddies wj I got a finger smashed between the exhaust and floor. Note to self... While pushing up on a pipe don't rap your hand around the pipe. Just push with your palm
Old 03-03-2012, 11:25 AM
JK Newbie

Removed the spare tire off the tailgate and dropped it square on my foot! I apparently forgot that I have feet attached to my legs. As if the tire wasn't heavy enough, I just HAD to give it some freefall momentum to make it hurt worse. I felt like Barf from Spaceballs when the Schwartz statue fell on his foot.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll play--I was lying under my jeep torquing my front track bar bolt, using all my weight to pull the torque wrench down, the head of the wrench slips off the bolt, and the wrench cracks me in the bridge of the nose.. Blood, and a lump the size of a tennis ball on my check.

Doh!
Old 03-03-2012, 04:05 PM
JK Super Freak

your not working if you are not bleeding
Old 03-03-2012, 10:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was installing my trex top.. Tring to set the sling with a flat head (yeah not smart...) almost lost my left eye!! CM from hitting my actual eye ball, the safety nazi aka wife makes me wear the proper protection now :/
Old 03-04-2012, 12:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Man i am not able to work on any thing with out ending up bleeding some were no worries tho some super glue and good to go and get back to work.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stabbed myself in the hand putting a grease needle on the grease gun. Had to take a knee so I would not pass out.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:23 AM
JK Newbie

agreed, every time it's something new. I've become really cautious in the last few years, I guess that's called experience. once I gave my first finger a lid when I was trying to loose a bolt, and of course it slipped. a corner on the track arm bracket almost completely took the tip of the finger off. Doc stitched it back, still numb 3 years later
Old 03-04-2012, 05:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blood sweat and gears! You learn more and more every time you work on a Jeep. I had a 1976 CJ-5 with 20,000 original miles back about 8 years ago and was putting a mild 2" lift kit on it to keep it as close to stock as possible. Anyways I had a rear leaf spring u-bolt that would not come loose. I thought no biggie, I will get the Dremmel out and cut the bolt. I wasn't thinking of all the pressure still on the spring as this was the last bolt holding it in place and the reason why it wasn't coming loose (so much pressure on it) I don't even remember what happened when I cut through the bolt. The last thing I remember is hearing a loud pop and then my dad sitting there shaking me to bring my back to consciousness. Good news is that brought the spring loose and I was OK other than a concussion and some bleeding of the head. Actually a lot of bleeding from the head..

Quick Reply: Mother f'er