Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mountain Ed. and Mango Tango now on Jeep site

Old 03-28-2010, 02:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mountain Ed. and Mango Tango now on Jeep site

You can now build your very own Mango Tango JK. Or your own Mountain Edition (in black, Mango, Rescue, or Deep Water only). Both features are newly enabled on Jeep.com's Built It feature. Rescue Green is also back on the site.

Last edited by JK-Tex; 03-28-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Update: looks like you can't build a Rubi or Sahara in Mango Tango or Rescue Green. Just the X and the Mountain. Interesting.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know why the center of the hood is black on the Mountain Edition?

Old 03-28-2010, 07:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bigback
It's a matte black sticker. Not really sure what it does except look kinda interesting. I don't hate it. Don't love it.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ECHO
Thought it was supposed to have a painted grill ?
That's the first thing I noticed! I'm considering trading up for the mountain edition... mainly for the rim color and grill color (but not the only reason.) If they're pulled the painted grill, I'm not sure if I'm going to consider it anymore.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKnewb
That's the first thing I noticed! I'm considering trading up for the mountain edition... mainly for the rim color and grill color (but not the only reason.) If they're pulled the painted grill, I'm not sure if I'm going to consider it anymore.
It'd be a lot cheaper to just paint your grill and wheels.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JKnewb
The Jeep site says:

High-gloss mineral gray grille and bumper appliqué

Does that mean the grille is an "appliqué" too? Just giant stickers on the hood, bumper, and grille?

BTW - anyone see the GPS coordinates on the Mountain Edition hood? The Islander coordinates puts you in the water near Hawaii:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Islander.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	39571
Old 05-06-2010, 02:26 AM
Former Member

Walked around one of the Mountain Edition rigs in Rescue Green at the dealership yesterday.
It was just offloaded from one of the smaller mom and pop type transport rigs so I get the feeling they're being 'seeded' into the lots-not a special order etc.

Sticker price was around $33+ can.

Bright Orange M.E. stickers where Rubi would normally be placed/mineral grille-front and rear bumper inserts-rim paint/black fuel door and tail lamp guards.

Didn't see any large sticker on top of hood or notice much about the interior other than the M.E. logo embroidered on the seat backs right about where your shoulders would sweat on a hot day.

3.8 auto and sticker didn't say but looked like D-44 front and rear. The rest of the suspension looked like Sahara's. 3:21 Ass end but didn't notice if it had a tow package.

First impression? Looks built for someone that wants some Sahara candy coating but looking a little tougher at the same time.

I'll try to fill in more info when I go to pick up my rig tomorrow that's in getting the last of the blistering door hinges swapped out
Old 05-10-2010, 05:57 PM
JK Freak

Thumbs up A few pix...

Originally Posted by bigback

Originally Posted by AZJeeper
The Jeep site says:

High-gloss mineral gray grille and bumper appliqué

Does that mean the grille is an "appliqué" too? Just giant stickers on the hood, bumper, and grille?

Attachment 39571
The grill has no sticker/decal. It's a replacement grill like the chrome version. Bumpers are the same deal- just like the Sahara trim only a darker silver rather than bling bling chrome. Note the color difference between the Jeep emblem and the grill itself.

These things are starting to flood the dealerships. You should be able to find one near you by the end of the week at the latest.

Originally Posted by 101gargoyles
3.8 auto and sticker didn't say but looked like D-44 front and rear. The rest of the suspension looked like Sahara's. 3:21 Ass end but didn't notice if it had a tow package.
Both the "Islander" and "Mountain" packages are "Sport" models and have a Dana 30 up front. Listed under "Functional/Safety Features" on the window sticker. Trailer Tow Group is optional.

Here is a sample window sticker, but you can easily search for more on Jeep.com.

h t t p://www.jeep.com/hostc/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1J4BA3H15AL191090
Old 05-10-2010, 07:06 PM
JK Junkie

Looks like they blended a Sahara & X, actually looks a little cheesy to me, like one of the those special editions found at dealerships, but is really an X with a decal on the hood and an additional 5K on top of the sticker price. I do however like the embroidered seats, that's a nice touch.

Quick Reply: Mountain Ed. and Mango Tango now on Jeep site