Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My GF refuses to go offroad

Old 08-25-2011, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My GF refuses to go offroad

I have a small offroad trip planned this weekend. Nothing huge just some small hill and a few trails. I asked the gf if she wanted to go with and she lost her mind. She yelled and screamed about how cars are meant to be on pavement not dirt and how it was stupid and im going to break something. I tried to explain the difference between a car and a JEEP but she wouldnt listen. So on the way home i decided that i was going to take a shortcut through a small field with some pretty tall grass. Me and my son had a blast but all she could do was scream at me the whole time. I doubt im going to change her mind but its not then end of the world. I just thought i would share this with everyone and see if anyone has had the same thing happen to them. Oh and im still going this weekend.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:41 AM
JK Newbie

id be done with her in a sec if she couldnt handle the jeep
Old 08-25-2011, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Time for a new GF...
Old 08-25-2011, 06:44 AM
JK Junkie

Since there are about 3.5 billion other women in the world, I can't see putting up with her.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:45 AM
JK Newbie

There are points in every mans life when he saw and ingnored the warning signs that his wife or girlfriend was a crazy bitch... I'm not saying she is... but in my opinion, there is a line a women is to never cross... and that's getting between a man and his jeep. I'd start thinking really hard if I were you.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

my wife is the same way but i wouldnt say she is a crazy bitch for it. She goes with me on the smaller stuff and you know what one of us has to have some sense, i mean we are all a little crazy for wheeling cars we still make payments on. Or at least some of us.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by youenjoyzedella
There are points in every mans life when he saw and ingnored the warning signs that his wife or girlfriend was a crazy bitch... I'm not saying she is... but in my opinion, there is a line a women is to never cross... and that's getting between a man and his jeep. I'd start thinking really hard if I were you.
This gentleman nailed it.

If she isn't your son's mother.....move on. Find a girl that likes to have fun, and doesn't like to yell at or demean you.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:01 AM
JK Super Freak

My wife wasnt a fan at first either, she flat out freaks out once in a while still. She gets snappy and all moody at times, which really brings down the event. I dont want to ride with her when she's like that. But the more I take her the more she likes it. I just had to find out what makes her uncomfortable and either take it slow, avoid it, or tell her ass to get out and walk for a while. More than likely though, it'll get to the point where I'm just going out by myself and it'll be MY thing.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:03 AM
JK Super Freak

I'm surprised there's a chick out there that doesn't like offloading or isn't impressed by the jeep
Old 08-25-2011, 07:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Yeah my wife hates it , her biggest problem is the rocking back and forth , she she wont go at all , but the catch is I can't go weekend runs , with out her , so my off road fun must be on a single day , no overnights or camping , oh she is SUPER jealous and paranoid , and no I never did anything to make her that way

Quick Reply: My GF refuses to go offroad