Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My Good Dealership Experience

Old 06-24-2011, 02:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Good Dealership Experience

after reading all the nightmare stories of dealership bs it was my turn to visit my local dealership.

my jeep has had that ever common drip on the bell housing for some time now but it developed a coolant leak on the front of the engine so i decided it was time to take it in.

i also had them look at the rusting door hinges and needed two recalls performed.

i was originally told it needed a water pump and a rear main seal. i informed them of the timing cover tsb and the service manager said they punch your vehicle model into the computer and all relevant tsb's come up.

anywho, they replaced the water pump but according to the work order they replaced the oil bellypan as they called it, which includes the oil pan.

the hinges will be done by a local body shop.

there was no fucking around by the dealer. no bullshit questions about oil changes as i do them myself and such.

they had my jeep for a day and a half. called when it was done, picked me up and one signature and five minutes later i was on my way. i purchased the extended warranty; 5yrs/100,000 km so it was all covered, fucking eh!

hopefully the minor oil leak was indeed diagnosed properly. time will tell.

anywho, just thought i would share a feel good dealership story for a change.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:30 PM
JK Freak

good to hear. you dont read of to many good stories. and after reading all the horrow stories, I am glad I dont have a dealership that mis treats. If they find problem they fix it no problem. Too bad there isnt a standard for all the dealerships.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:31 PM
JK Freak

You guys are the 1%... lol
I'm happy for you thats awesome... and also jealous...
Old 06-25-2011, 10:31 AM
JK Jedi

I'm happy that you had a good experience, but to tell you the truth I don't think ANY dealer experience can be good. Why? Just for the fact that they ALL charge such God awful prices, so far above and beyond anything that is reasonable, for anything they sell, or work they do.

I have to take mine in one last time for some warranty work, and all the bs recalls that have come about. But after that, it will be the last time they ever see me.

Again....Life lesson #1. NEVER take your vehicle to a dealer other than to have warranty work done.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

i had a crappy experience where i bought my jk reedmans in langhorne pa. for dealership service i take mine to dick greenfield dodge/chrysler on business tr 1 in lawrenceville. theyre service depart is open 24/6(closed sundays). this means they get your ride back to you quicker. guys workin 3rd shift can get theyre oil changed at 3am etc. i highly recommend them.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Delgriffth
i had a crappy experience where i bought my jk reedmans in langhorne pa. for dealership service i take mine to dick greenfield dodge/chrysler on business tr 1 in lawrenceville. theyre service depart is open 24/6(closed sundays). this means they get your ride back to you quicker. guys workin 3rd shift can get theyre oil changed at 3am etc. i highly recommend them.
wow!

a dealership open 24/6.............that's impressive. makes good business sense though if they are to compete with other service centers.

nice call

Quick Reply: My Good Dealership Experience