Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My New(to me) Jeep! Last minute Qs before I order my lift and tires

Old 08-07-2012, 09:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My New(to me) Jeep! Last minute Qs before I order my lift and tires

Hey everyone! It's my first post!! I've been looking for a Jeep for a long time now. I finally found one! 2007 Unlimited X Steel Blue

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0763.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	351091

I've already installed a Tuffy Full security console, Trektop NX, and safari straps to keep my dogs in the back! Im planning on going with the Teraflex 2.5" lift kit with new shocks, AEV Savegre Black wheels, and 35x12.50 BFG KM2s.

Now for a couple of questions. From my understanding i'll need spacers with the savegre wheels. Im thinking the spidertrax 1.5" will work? On the lift which shocks would you recommend, the teraflex or the bilsteins?

Thanks in advance for any help. This forum has been a huge source of information and help, you guys rock!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0765.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	351092  
Old 08-07-2012, 10:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just googled those wheels and they are backspacing of 5.2inches... 1.5 inch spacers would work... you could probably get away with 1inch or 1.25inch spacers but spidertrax only makes 1.5 in 5x5 and they are trusted by lots of people so I would probably go with those if I were you.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

x2 on the spidertrax.
If I were you i'd also go with the bilsteins. As far as shocks, many people like how the bilsteins ride.
The teraflex shocks are better than my stock x shocks but i have heard good things about the bilsteins
Old 08-08-2012, 03:09 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the help & info!

Quick Reply: My New(to me) Jeep! Last minute Qs before I order my lift and tires