Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My new Rubicon....what to do next?

Old 12-22-2009, 02:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My new Rubicon....what to do next?

Just purchased my 2010 Stone White 2-Door Rubicon this past Saturday...Loving it! It's an automatic and has a soft top for now. I don't mind the top except for access to the back....can't really roll up the window because of the weather here.....

I traded in my newly purchased FJ Cruiser. I only owned it for a few months. Thought I would like it. It didn't drive bad, but boy the interior was terrible! The seat was killing me!!!!

The new JK is great-seat likes me except for the head rest.....Has anyone removed their headrests or turned them around? Or maybe even bent the headrest posts so that it doesn't hit you in the back of your head?
Any major issues I should be aware of with the Rubicon? How's the auto transmissions holding up nowadays? I've had my fair share of good and bad trannies from Chrysler
Any mods that I should definitely consider? Mostly on pavement driving, with possible off road fun.
I want to mention that I'm glad I found this site....seems very active and fun!
Old 12-22-2009, 02:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First welcome to the Forum!

Second when you get a chance go through the sticky posts at the beginning of each sub-forum particularly the Modified and Stock forum. The Modified one has some great FAQs.
The FAQs and the all ignored SEARCH button will lead you to numerous threads regarding the best and worst, the easiest and the toughest, the cheapest and the most expensive mods.

Just out of curiosity, if you are only going occasionally off road, why did you buy a Rubi?

BTW, the tranny does not appear to be a major source of problems. Leaks in the soft top are another issue.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bought the Rubi because of the bad roads in Maine....trust me it's like offroading everyday up here. The suspension has already gotten a work out..LOL!
I have been using the search button a lot, but couldn't find a lot about the front headrests....lots of complaints but no fixes.
Soft top leaks???? Great........I have something to look forward to
Old 12-22-2009, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont think it can be called a road if you have to lock the axles and disco the sway bar.

Yes the headrests can be flipped around to help with the granite slab comfort they provide.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:26 PM
JK Freak

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Jeep purchase. You're gonna love it!
Old 12-22-2009, 03:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Too bad about the FJ

I hope you didnt loose out too bad.

I have a Rubi 2 door and it keeps up with everything that I wheel with so unless you already have plans to mod it, I suggest going slow and thinking thru what you want and or need.

I know 3 guys I have wheeled with that have bought Rubi's or relatives have bought them after seeing my stocker keep up with the modded rigs in my club.

Now if I go wheeling in the future I cant say I'm stock anymore..
Old 12-23-2009, 08:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum.

I was looking at FJs before we got the JK. I love my Jeep, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:28 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum!! If you get a sec, download the 2009 TeraFlex catalog from the link in my sig line below.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I havent had a single issue with the top leaking on my 2010 Rubi, so don't stress about it.

Now if i could only get the damn hard top to show up at the dealer.....lol
Old 12-23-2009, 12:40 PM
JK Junkie

First thing I would do is drive it like you stole it. See where you are limited for what you want to do and then come up with a build plan from there.

Quick Reply: My new Rubicon....what to do next?