Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My other half is taking over my new JK Sahara Unlimited!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-31-2013, 07:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carolinajk
tried my damndest to get mine a four door but she insisted on her toaster ..i mean nissan cube cus it was " too cute" aside from a kick ass rockford fosgate audio system and awesome mileage i fail too see the appeal lol .
I think my wife is still pissed at me for trading in her Ford Edge for the JK.
So now she is possesing it from me. I keep saying, but it's a Jeep honey!!!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm allowed to drive my jeep on the weekends... Sometimes

It seems to be a pattern, she drives the Jeep to work on Mondays and Tuesdays, the switches to the minivan for Wed-Friday, I've got a company truck so it doesn't bother me, I'm just glad that she embraces the Jeep lifestyle as much as I do, even if she has become somewhat of a Jeep snob when it comes to less capable models in the Jeep line up

Last edited by slider_68; 03-31-2013 at 08:13 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slider_68
I'm allowed to drive my jeep on the weekends... Sometimes

It seems to be a pattern, she drives the Jeep to work on Mondays and Tuesdays, the switches to the minivan for Wed-Friday, I've got a company truck so it doesn't bother me, I'm just glad that she embraces the Jeep lifestyle as much as I do, even if she has become somewhat of a Jeep snob when it comes to less capable models in the Jeep line up
Funny, I seem to have a similar pattern......Weekends and after we are both home from work if we go out.
Sometimes she will call on the way home from work and ask me if I will go with her to a store. She pulls in the driveway, beeps the sissy horn, (man I have to change that thing), I walk out and she is sitting in the drivers seat! And she is laughing!! I give her the big thumb motion to get the hell out, I'm driving sign, and we go on our merry way.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cmusick
I got a manual so she can't drive it!
I got a manual and don't let hubby drive it (or anyone else!). Ha.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lefty14
Funny, I seem to have a similar pattern......Weekends and after we are both home from work if we go out.
Sometimes she will call on the way home from work and ask me if I will go with her to a store. She pulls in the driveway, beeps the sissy horn, (man I have to change that thing), I walk out and she is sitting in the drivers seat! And she is laughing!! I give her the big thumb motion to get the hell out, I'm driving sign, and we go on our merry way.
when we go out on friday nites , she def drivin cus ill be in no shape to . also there is no shortage of wannabe designated drivers when your in a jeep.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:03 PM
JK Newbie

Mine took over my 08jku automatic so i bought an 07jku manual for me. Now that she ha her own she doesnt mine me buying things for the jeeps. Gotta keep them happy
Old 04-01-2013, 06:35 PM
JK Newbie

My husband brought a manual too, forgetting that I know how to drive a stick because I haven't driven one in 7 years , plus our sales rep let me drive a manual around the back lot for 15 minutes so I could get use to it again. And now I drive it back and forth to work 5 days a week and he gets to drive it on weekends and when we go out after work. Sometimes I'm nice and let him borrow it on week days. He does get a lot of looks when he's driving it around town, one day a girl in Honda asked for his number.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:58 PM
JK Newbie

My G/F loves driving mine and i love having a DD.

Quick Reply: My other half is taking over my new JK Sahara Unlimited!!!!!!!!!