Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My Phone Conversation With Chrysler..

Old 08-28-2008, 01:22 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Phone Conversation With Chrysler..

So I decided to give Chrysler one more shot before contacting a lemon lawyer. Needless to say, I contacted a lemon lawyer. Here is how the conversation went..

Chrysler: How may I help you? (indian accent)

Me: Hi, I have a 2008 Wrangler that has had numerous transmission problems, and at this point I am completely fed up and would like your assistance.

Chrysler: What is wrong?

Me: My Torque Converter shudders, will engage when it not supposed to causing odd downshifts and forcing me to floor the gas pedal resulting in RPM spikes. There is also metal flakes in my transmission fluid. I have been to the dealer about four or five times for this. They did multiple software flashes and finally replaced the converter which worked for a few hundred miles, but now it is back. I love my Jeep..I just want a new transmission at this point.

Chrysler: We are sorry you are having troubles. Please hold.

(five minutes go by)

Chrysler: I am going to transfer you to a supervisor please hold but first your reference number is XXXXXXXXX.

(waiting 45 minutes listening to elevator music. Get fed up hang up and call back)

Chrysler: How may I help you? (another indian accent)

Me: I am having trouble with my Jeep's transmission I was put on hold for 45 minutes for a supervisor and got nothing.

Chrysler: Do you have a reference number?

Me: Yes, its XXXXXXXX

Chrysler: Thats not coming up in the system.

Me: Of course not, that would be to logical. (I re-explain the whole issue again.)

Chrysler: Please hold, Ill contact your dealer.

(hold for five minutes.)

Chrysler: Sorry I can't get through to your dealer.

Me: Why not?

Chrysler: I got disconnected twice.

Chrysler: I understand you are having problems and I see you had the torque converter replaced. Have you been back to the dealer since?

Me: No, because I am tired of driving up there each time I have a day off, I was hoping you could have my transmission replaced or at least send a rep out to take a look at it.

Chrysler: Well you really should get it fixed, its under warranty.

Me: I know that why Im calling you. Im tired of dealing with the dealer and I am sick of having transmission problems on a brand new Jeep.

Chrysler: Well there is nothing we can do about it, you have to ask the dealer. Our hands are tied.

Me: How are your hands tied? You are CORPORATE, you should be able to have the dealer replace the transmission.

Chrysler: Well the dealers are independantly owned.

Me: Ok, well I tell you what. You have forced my hand. I will be filing lemon law and will never buy nor recommend another Chrysler product again.

Chrysler: Well we would like for you to have it fixed under warranty. We value you as a customer.

Me: Then fix my transmission.

Chrysler: If I could I would, sadly we cannot do anything on our end. Have you tried another dealer?

Me: No, because Im at my wits end. At this point I feel it is above a dealer level. I just want my Jeep fixed under warranty as it should.

Chrysler: I completely understand. I recommend you try another dealer then call us back.

Me: Have a lot of the new Wranglers had issues with the auto transmission?

Chrysler: This is the first Ive ever heard of it.

Me: Thats funny, because there have been several people on the internet with the exact same problem on their Wranglers as well as other Chrysler products that use this transmission. Thanks for your time. I will be filing lemon law.

(Hang up. Called Lemon Lawyer and started the process.)

I love my Wrangler, I will miss rescue green and it will be a pain taking all the shit I bought for it off of it, but I have no choice anymore. Im at my wits end. Now I just have to hope my lawyer is able to get this lemoned.

Last edited by Hellbound13; 08-28-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:40 PM
J2H
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good God, did they fix this on the 09s?
Old 08-28-2008, 01:45 PM
J2H
JK Enthusiast

I know SC has no Lemon Law. I'm eventually going back to Maryland.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:20 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by redx08
well i hope you get everything worked out.
Thanks. This has been an utter nightmare for me, to the point where I am now losing sleep over it. I don't understand why it so hard to get this replaced/fixed under warranty and also why the new torque converter did not fix the issue. Im starting to wonder if a new transmission would even fix the issue or if it could be a faulty computer.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:04 PM
JK Super Freak

I know these things are frustrating but.........why NOT go to a different dealer. Additionally, if you want your Jeep fixed, why would you have to take anything off it?

Take it in, take the loaner car, get it fixed, enjoy your Jeep. That's what I would do. With any "mass produced" product there will be some with issues that have to be addressed. The factory's records will show they told you to get it fixed and you didn't take it to another dealer. I do hope you get satisfaction from a dealer.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:05 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by pastorsteve
I know these things are frustrating but.........why NOT go to a different dealer. Additionally, if you want your Jeep fixed, why would you have to take anything off it?

Take it in, take the loaner car, get it fixed, enjoy your Jeep. That's what I would do. With any "mass produced" product there will be some with issues that have to be addressed. The factory's records will show they told you to get it fixed and you didn't take it to another dealer. I do hope you get satisfaction from a dealer.
I do want to get it fixed, but short of replacing the transmission nothing is going ot fix this and already two dealers have no replaced the the transmission. In reference to taking everything off, I was talking about if I have to lemon it and get a new one. I am going forward with the lemon law, I will take back to the dealer again in the meantime and also write a letter to the CEO of Chrysler. Short of that I am at my wits end.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:08 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Camp Crocker
Hell, I got a bunch of new trannys sitting around wanting to be used, want one?
Yes please, will you come put it in for me?
Old 08-28-2008, 06:11 PM
JK Super Freak

FYI...You DO NOT NEED A LEMON LAWYER! I went through the process regarding my 2006 Commander, and ended up witha new 2008 Commander, and Zippo legal fees or hassle! You'd be surprised what you can accomplish.

http://www.carlemon.com/lemon/NY_LemonGuide.html

If you have the documentation, it's easy to follow the rules. The best advice I can give you after my experience, is try another dealership! The best advocate is a friendly dealership. I switched dealerships and it made all the difference in the world!
Old 08-28-2008, 06:15 PM
JK Jedi

The Lemon Lawyer says I owe them nothing. If I lose I do not pay and if I win Shylser pays..

I will be taking it to the third dealership since this problem started next week and I will see what happens.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I know how you feel I had a 03 subaru with transmission issues and went through the same crap minus the lawyer. stick with it and you will get what you want. I got a new subaru out of my experience.
I also just had a very similar phone call with Chrysler Indian lady as well. I got the same answers my hands are tied have you gone to another dealer

Quick Reply: My Phone Conversation With Chrysler..