Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My wife says sell the JK

Old 05-10-2008, 04:02 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by marks08jk
... I told her we could move to the country but she is going to have to cut all of the grass. Is this a reasonable request? ....
Only if you agree to do some of the house chores. Don't go for the cooking, though: That's too much fun. I'd suggest volunteering to keep the bathrooms clean. Women hate messy bathrooms, so there'd be dividends if you really kept them clean.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At $4 a gallon, the house in town is a pretty good place to be from my perspective. At least for now. Save that gas for the JK, not for just getting to work/shop/eat/etc.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

I understand the reasoning to want a nicer home in the country as city life does get old. But possibly taking a loss is just as bad a paying an ongoing note; depending on your financial situation.

I had the company vehicle before and I got so sick of them I had to quit; that left me with nada for my personal transportation. 2 years after starting my new job, I just now got another one and I will never be without a .... , well, my JK. Unless I can buy one bigger badder and CHEAPER, I will continue to own it.

But, make your wife and your family happy and compromise to what best fits your family's best interests and needs. Good Luck.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:01 PM
JK Super Freak

YA SUPPORT HER MOVE HELP HER PACK AND EVERYTHING

AND DROP THE THE STUFF OFF AT THE NEW PLACE

AND DRIVE AWAY AFTER IN YOUR JK
Old 05-10-2008, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Get rid of the company truck and ask your boss for the vehicle allowance instead. You are better off getting cash from the company and buying what you want. Do you need the truck to move stuff for the company. I am assuming that the use of the truck is a taxable benefit as well (it is here in canada). If you leave the company then you lose the truck and you still need another vehicle.

By the way, I live out in the country on a couple of acres and it is a good life. Best move we ever made. It's been 12 years.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SHE... has a vehicle, YOU.... have a COMPANY vehicle. Why get rid of the JK?
I understand all marriages are made up of compromises, but, did she say she was willing to sell HER vehicle?
Hope these questions don't offend, but you did ask.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:56 PM
JK Junkie

Kind of a biased place to share this information......maybe you should put the EXACT same post on the Oprah forum or something and link to it here just so we can see the differences in answers....

Old 05-10-2008, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
Kind of a biased place to share this information......maybe you should put the EXACT same post on the Oprah forum or something and link to it here just so we can see the differences in answers....

Thats funny shit
Old 05-10-2008, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

did somebody say devorce lol, nah gas prices are gettin pretty crazy so im not sure but hey it wouldnt be so bad owning a old tj for a while but i think you would end up losing money in the end. but the housing market is pretty bad but that means that housing would sell cheaper right? i dunno i havent been out there yet.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:37 PM
JK Freak

Mark..!!!

IF your finances are the reason !!! Then make her happy !!!

There is a book at the christian bookstore that saved my marriage ( yes .. a marriage counselor suggested it to me many years ago) .

It is called " His Needs , Her Needs, Building an Affair Proof Marriage " By Williard F. Harley Jr.

Neither of us had an Affair or any thing like that .

Basically.... MAN's 5 most basic needs and WOMAN's 5 most basic needs ....ARE.... exactly opposite!! IT Just tought us about our needs as humans and how to meet the others NEEDS!!

But to make a LLLOOOOONNNNGGGGGG story short .!!!

YOU HAVE TO SATISFY HER "5 "MOST BASIC NEEDS WHATEVER THEY MAY BE !!!

So .... Good Luck !! And Now all you have to do is convince her that the JEEP is one of YOUR 5 most basic needs!!! While not letting her convince YOU that Selling the JEEP is one of HER 5 most basic needs !!!

Quick Reply: My wife says sell the JK