Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mygig- aftermarket fact or fiction

Old 05-31-2007, 12:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mygig- aftermarket fact or fiction

I was recently told by a local dealer that they can get me an Unlimited Sahara from the lot then install a mygig in it for me. I talked to my "first" dealer and he said that is not true. Does anyone know for a fact whether mygig is available as an aftermarket accessory?

This whole process gives me another reason to drink.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just bought and installed the MYGIG that I bought from a dealer on EBAY, yes it was a BRAND NEW unit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chrys...mZ200116855021

My local Jeep dealer also said they cannot be bought yet, this guy on EBAY has been selling 3 at a time. Email him, his name is Mark, very informative and nice guy. He has great feedback. I know of 3 people including myself who have bought the MYGIG from him and it was a great deal.

By the way, I installed the new stereo myself in about 7 minutes, just make sure if your going to get a MYGIG your current JK stereo ALREADY has the stock Sirius Radio, single or 6 disc. In fact this guy will buy your current radio on trade toward the purchase of the MYGIG from him

Last edited by JK_Jeep; 06-06-2007 at 01:12 PM. Reason: edited link
Old 06-06-2007, 05:45 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks. I will shoot him an email when and if I get my ride this weekend.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK_Jeep
I just bought and installed the MYGIG that I bought from a dealer on EBAY, yes it was a BRAND NEW unit.

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-RER-MyGig-GPS-NAVIGATION-DVD-CD-MP3_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38653QQihZ010QQitem Z200113807070

My local Jeep dealer also said they cannot be bought yet, this guy on EBAY has been selling 3 at a time. Email him, his name is Mark, very informative and nice guy. He has great feedback. I know of 3 people including myself who have bought the MYGIG from him and it was a great deal.

By the way, I installed the new stereo myself in about 7 minutes, just make sure if your going to get a MYGIG your current JK stereo ALREADY has the stock Sirius Radio, single or 6 disc. In fact this guy will buy your current radio on trade toward the purchase of the MYGIG from him
Does the 7 minutes include installing the GPS antenna? Where is it located?

Last edited by wayoflifette; 06-06-2007 at 08:03 AM. Reason: edited link
Old 06-06-2007, 09:14 AM
JK Newbie

Default Mygig cost

Hi,
How much di you pay for the mygig. The buy it now price was $1799.
What was the reserve price if I may ask.

Also how much was the trade for the 6 CD player.

I activated my sirius already, can I transfer it to the new unit?

Thanks in advance

Mike in Seal Beach,
07 Rubicon unlimited.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should be able to call Sirius with the serial # of the new unit and they will transfer your service. (I did the same w/ XM)
Old 06-06-2007, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I also purchased a MyGig from that eBay auction. Took me about 15 minutes to install it, but I was working at night with only my dome light.

The GPS antenna is a piece of cake, and it'll be plain as day to you when you start to take the dash apart. There is already a mount for it on the top of the bracket that the radio slides in. You'll need to provide your own screws to fasten it in though. Someone on another forum used two-sided tape.

The Sirius on the MyGig I got worked right out of the box. I'm wondering if these MyGigs are from other Jeep owners that didn't want them and were already activated (for their 1-year free)...

The only thing that threw me during installation was that when I turned it on for the first time (to check it before I put the dash back together), no Nav maps would display (even though it had a lock on 7 satellites). Driving the car up the block fixed that. I guess it needs to get a few different GPS readings before it knows where it is.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

Your Sirius reciever is seperate from your radio, I think the reciever is under the drivers seat? So when you hook up a Sirius ready radio, MYGIG, it is already working, no phone calls to make.

There is a guy on the other forum that unfortunately bought a JK 6 Disc Sirius radio from EBAY because he did not have sirius and when he hooked it up he found out he still did not have sirius until you buy the receiver kit from mopar.

IN OTHER WORDS, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SIRIUS FROM THE FACTORY NOW, YOU NEED THE RECIEVER! NO MATTER WHAT FACTORY RADIO YOU ADD

Go to www.mopar.com and click on Jeep then 2007 Wrangler then accessories then audio/video then radio, the Sirius receiver with antenna is about 150 bucks

Part number 82210466

Sirius Satellite Radio System Installation Kit

Satellite Receiver Install kit - includes I-sheet, wiring harnesses and antenna. For vehicles built prior to 11/30/06, please order bracket 55395602AC. For vehicles built after 11/30/06, this bracket is not needed.

$154.00

Last edited by JK_Jeep; 06-06-2007 at 01:17 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mikesjeep
Hi,
How much di you pay for the mygig. The buy it now price was $1799.
What was the reserve price if I may ask.

Also how much was the trade for the 6 CD player.

I activated my sirius already, can I transfer it to the new unit?

Thanks in advance

Mike in Seal Beach,
07 Rubicon unlimited.
He has them on sale now for 1709 That is what I paid

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chrys...mZ200116855021
Old 06-06-2007, 01:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by aristobrat
I also purchased a MyGig from that eBay auction. Took me about 15 minutes to install it, but I was working at night with only my dome light.

The GPS antenna is a piece of cake, and it'll be plain as day to you when you start to take the dash apart. There is already a mount for it on the top of the bracket that the radio slides in. You'll need to provide your own screws to fasten it in though. Someone on another forum used two-sided tape.

The only thing that threw me during installation was that when I turned it on for the first time (to check it before I put the dash back together), no Nav maps would display (even though it had a lock on 7 satellites). Driving the car up the block fixed that. I guess it needs to get a few different GPS readings before it knows where it is.
The GPS antenna is on the left of this picture

Look at the factory install on the picture below, this got me thinking,,,, They use Black Plastic panel screws, well they werent screws they just pop in so I replaced my screws with the plastic panel screws also found at the hardware store just in case the metal screws would mess with the compass module located in the center on the top cover, just an FYI, I could be wrong, I tend to over think things sometimes

Quick Reply: Mygig- aftermarket fact or fiction