Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

NC Beach Driving

Old 05-24-2007, 06:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NC Beach Driving

Can anyone tell me if there is anywhere to drive on the beach (year round) near Topsail Beach? I will be in the area this weekend and would like to find someone to go.

Thanks
Old 05-24-2007, 06:51 PM
aas
JK Enthusiast

I know the north end of Carolina Beach lets you drive, camp, et cetera on it. There's a 10$ entrance fee, or a 40$ season pass. CB is about 45 miles south of Topsail. If my axle's fixed tomorrow, I'll be out there this weekend.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aas
I know the north end of Carolina Beach lets you drive, camp, et cetera on it. There's a 10$ entrance fee, or a 40$ season pass. CB is about 45 miles south of Topsail. If my axle's fixed tomorrow, I'll be out there this weekend.
aas -- my wife and i will be in CB the first week of july. Is the north end the only place you can drive on the beach? I read something about being able to drive at The Fort Fisher State Recreation Area...although it sounded like you have to leave at dusk...so no camping. Know anything about this? A place that would let you camp overnight would be preferable.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:07 PM
JK Freak

http://www.carolinabeach.org/site_ne...eman_park.html

http://ils.unc.edu/parkproject/visit/fofi/home.html

aas - Thanks for the info.

Last edited by hurstrescue; 05-24-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was driving on the beach this weekend. you can go to Carolina beach. Carolina beach cost $10 and you can stay overnight and have a beer or 12.

You can also go to Fort Fisher, which is just down the road from carolina beach. This beach also cost $10. In my opinion Fort Fisher has a better beach to drive on and there are some paths you can take to get back to the ICW or Inter coastal waterway.

The down fall of fort fisher is that it is a State Park and is patroled by park rangers, also no Alcohol is allowed and the hours are limited to 8am to dusk .

Quick Reply: NC Beach Driving