Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

!!!!! need help!! Braking problem!!!

Old 02-12-2011, 03:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!!!! need help!! Braking problem!!!

ok today i finally got to take the jeep out today on its new 35s. after a little while i noticed that going around corners at higher rates of speed and when i put my brakes on, my brakes act like they want to lock up and then my abs kicks on. then of course when im through the turn it stops. but when i go through turns at lower rates of speed it doesnt happen. then when i got home about 30 min ago i was going around a turn and all of a sudden it happens again but this time im not but the brakes on. it just randomly did it. i just put on some 35 bfgs and 1.5 rc wheel spacers so i have clerance. has anyone had this problem? is it bc i upgraded to 35s and how can i fix it?
Old 02-12-2011, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Its a combo of your tires and your lift causing the esp to kick in. is your steering wheel centered? It'll do that if it isn't. You can disable it if it doesn't go away after centering the wheel.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2011, 03:58 PM
JK Newbie

Had the same problem,take the time and adjust your steering wheel dead center.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:02 PM
JK Newbie

ok ill do it first thing tomorrow. thanks guys. should it get it realigned also just from putting on bigger tires?
Old 02-12-2011, 10:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Don't really need an alignment after adding bigger tires, but an alignment os cheaper than a set of tires anyday.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: !!!!! need help!! Braking problem!!!