Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Need help on what to do

Old 12-09-2013, 09:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on what to do

Currently I'm running RK stock mod 2.5" lift with RK LCAs with TF bumpstops front and rear with Bilstein's long travel shocks up front an one for the 2.5" in the rear. On 35's trail grapplers

Hears my questions I was thinking about dropping down in lift maybe a leveling kit or just swap out the springs for 1.5". I would like to stay with a 35 but maybe looking into 33's.

I really don't have time wheel that much and when I do I only do logging roads an mild trails nothing crazy or rocks. I just wanted something closer to stock. Now I do have a steel front bumper upfront so that why I was think about staying away from just pucks cause don't think the stock spring will hold up to the weight over time and will sag.

I'm open to any suggestions on thoughts. And if I do go to smaller spring or pucks I will be selling my 2.5" RK springs
Old 12-09-2013, 09:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RK just put out their 1.5" mad travel kit with their new triple rate springs. I would look into that.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Trade springs? I've got 2" OME Springs...
Old 12-09-2013, 10:28 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
RK just put out their 1.5" mad travel kit with their new triple rate springs. I would look into that.
Yeah I seen that. I'm looking the least amount of lift to run 35's but still have room not to have to cut fenders and everything else
Old 12-09-2013, 10:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 4W-Jive
Trade springs? I've got 2" OME Springs...
Maybe ill have to way my options first. A .5" difference really won't be worth taking everything off
Old 12-09-2013, 10:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mook8651

Maybe ill have to way my options first. A .5" difference really won't be worth taking everything off
On paper ya it's a .5" but RK runs pretty tall. Would be a pain tho, we would both have to next day air them or something.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:14 PM
JK Freak

On paper ya it's a .5" but RK runs pretty tall. Would be a pain tho, we would both have to next day air them or something.
I still have my stock coils so I could put them on for a few days cause I'm sure shipping rates would be almost as much as just buying a set of coils
Old 12-09-2013, 11:22 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by mook8651
I still have my stock coils so I could put them on for a few days cause I'm sure shipping rates would be almost as much as just buying a set of coils
Aren't there extended bump stops to deal with and perhaps something to ensure the rear brake line can droop far enough? And what about shock length? I think it's more than just switching out springs if you want to change lift height.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron

Aren't there extended bump stops to deal with and perhaps something to ensure the rear brake line can droop far enough? And what about shock length? I think it's more than just switching out springs if you want to change lift height.
if he wants to keep his tires then bump stops would stay. He can keep all of his components to achieve droop and articulation, prob add some spring retainers, keep all the ability just lower the height.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:07 AM
JK Freak

if he wants to keep his tires then bump stops would stay. He can keep all of his components to achieve droop and articulation, prob add some spring retainers, keep all the ability just lower the height.
Yeah I wouldn't have to change anything but the springs everything I have now will be fine and with my bumpstops will help without bottoming out the shocks

Quick Reply: Need help on what to do